Chapter 18

March 14th, 1993

Luciana had gotten a call from Dalani's husband informing her that her first child was born. Luciana could barely hold her excitement and decided she'd fly out to Los Angeles to visit her sister the next day. She finished packing her bags and rushed up to Michael to hug him. "Sorry for having to leave you again. At least it's only four days this time," she chuckled. "Yeah. Are you excited about being an aunt?"

 "Of course I'm excited! This is my first niece." "You'll make a great aunt." The sat on the bed and started to go into a deep kiss, until Michael stopped. Luciana looked up at him with worry in her eyes. "What's wrong?"

"I just want you to be careful while you're out there.."

Luciana stood up with fury." Look, if this is about Eric I-"

"Luciana.." Michael grabbed her arm before she could walk away.

"Do you not trust me? Is that it? I told you I'm probably not seeing him until a year from now! I just don't understand."

"It's not you that I don't trust!"

"Okay, well, believe me when I say this. I won't be seeing Eric again. Period." Luciana started to walk away with tears forming in her eyes. Michael grabbed ahold of her arm again.

"Luce, please.." She turned towards him with light tears streaming down her face. "I'm sorry." He wiped the tears off of her cheeks. "I hate seeing you cry, especially when I'm the cause of it. You leave tomorrow, and I don't want us to leave off on the wrong foot."

"Neither do I. That's why I think an easy solution to all of our petty arguing would be for me to just drop this whole Eric thing. I just want to put an end to this."

"Tell me this..do you actually want to see him?"

"No. You were right. You were only looking out for me. I just want you to put full trust in me and realize that I am capable of being trustworthy."

"I know you are, Luciana. I only say these things because I love you." They returned to the bed and looked into each other's eyes. Michael moved his hands up and down her arms and started kissing her neck.

"I love you too." She closed her eyes as his hands made their way on her body. All of her stress and worries seemed to fade quickly.

Luciana got up the next morning and saw Michael at the edge of the bed putting on his shoes. She sat up holding the blanket against her chest. Michael turned around and smiled at her. "Hi."

"Hi," she laughed. "You goin' somewhere?"

"After the airport I have a few errands to run, yes."

"Right."

"You should be getting ready. You can't stay in that bed forever."

"I can't get up," she said in a stubborn tone.

"Oh, you can't get up? And why is that?"

"Because I'm naked."

"It's nothing I haven't seen before. Stop making excuses, you can't afford to miss your flight."

"Michael, that's not for another two hours."

"You know how long it takes for you to get ready."

"Okay, okay, gosh." She picked up the clothes she'd laid out and ran into the shower. Michael walked behind her going in to the bathroom to brush his teeth. Luciana heard his footsteps and tried to speak over the running water. "Michael?"

"I don't know who else it's be."

"Haha," she said sarcastically. "Anyway, did I tell you Dalani had the baby in Mexico? They're vacation home is there and now Rico's family gets to be a part of little Angelina's birth! That's so cute to me."