Chapter 5: Trauma

♤Season 7, Episode 22♤
*Mentions of PTSD*

Angela walks with Teddy, "So you're going to Germany with Andrew? You're that sure of this relationship? What about Henry?"

Teddy waves off her friends concern, "He asked for a divorce. And things with Andrew are...good. I'm happy. This is the right move."

"Then I'm happy for you T," their pagers go off, "Thats doesn't sound good."

Running to the main lobby, they are met by Webber and the rest of the staff, "A 757 sent down in the sound. We're looking at about 200 injured passengers. We're the designated crisis center. Families will he instructed to come here to find their loved ones. We are activating surge protocol. Dr. Hunt is gonna be running the show. It's gonna be chaotic. You need to listen carefully. You need to stay focused. Do not contribute to the panic. Now let's get to work."

They follow Owen, waiting for instructions, "Dr. Bailey, let's clear any beds that we can. Discharge or transfer."

"Okay, uh, Grey," she takes Meredith.

"All right, Torres, Angie, you'll be with me. Kepner, set up the ER for triage. Other Grey, I want you running the family center. Take over in the cafeteria. Yang, blood bank," Owen divides up.

Angela reminds him, "Candyman."

He nods, "Dr. Sloan will be our candyman. Let's be liberal with pain meds for our victims and sedatives for patients that we are moving. Uh, Avery, you can help him out. Let's move, people."

She quickly enters the ER, on the phone with Pres, "Seattle Pres can't take any more. Start calling County."

"Avery!" Mark looks at Owen who was on the phone next to Angela, "Why'd you give me that guy in the middle of a mass trauma?"

Owen looks between Avery and the paperwork he's filling out, "Avery?"

"The kid quit Webber's study. What kind of idiot decides working with the chief of surgery is too taxing on his schedule?" Mark hates on him.

"He didn't quit because he thinks it's too much hard work. He quit because he thinks the chief has a shot at a Harper Avery, and he was worried that if his name was on it, it would kill Webbers chances. Kepner, discharges."

As Owen walks away, Angela looks at Avery, "That makes him almost hotter than he already is."

Mark glares at her, handing his finished chart to her, "Get back to work."

♤♤♤♤

Angela sits with Alex as he throws stuff into a bed pan, "Owen told me about Meredith. And what you told him, both at the bar and today."

"Come to tell how horrible I am? How I just cost the only person who's ever cared about me her job?" Alex asks, throwing harder.

"No. Why you told him, was stupid and idiotic- those words are too sophisticated. You were a dum-dum. But you made the right call in saying something," she goes to leave, "And for the record, I care about you. I know you don't believe it, but I will always care about you."

"You have a funny way of showing it. Leaving Amber, Aaron and I to deal with mom by ourselves."

Angela snaps, "It wasn't easy for me either, Alex!"