Chapter 35: Gasoline

Season 9, Episode 10

Angela sits in her chair, running a hand over her bump as she lets out a breath, "How much do you all wanna bet Bailey's performing a surgery right now?"

April shakes her head, "No way will Bailey miss her own wedding for a surgery."

"Hell yeah she would," Alex comments.

Ben walks out in front of everyone, "Could I have everyone's attention, please?"

"Well, we're about to find out," Angela says, sitting up a little straighter.

"Um, my beautiful wife-to-be has been pulled into an emergency surgery, so things are gonna be delayed for a little while. Those of you who are doctors will understand. And those who aren't, uh...well, they're setting up the buffet, the bar's open in the back. Drink, eat, and just as soon as we're able, we'll have a little wedding."

Angela turns to the others, "I told you. Now, I'm gonna get some food."

Alex stands up, "No, I'll get you some food. You go find a table and sit down and relax."

Shrugging, Angela holds her hand up for Jackson to pull her up, "No complaints from me."

♤♤♤♤

Sitting with April, Jackson, Alex and Ross, Angela snacks on her plate of food Alex got her as Ross shares disgusting facts, "According to the article, the doctors discovered that her hair follicles had actually been growing nails instead of hair. Like fingernails."

"Cool story, bro," Jackson tells him.

"If you try and tell another story like that while I'm eating, you'll get a punch to the throat," Angela gives him a smile.

He looks around at everyone's faces before shifting in his seat, "Can I get anybody a coffee?"

"No," They shake their heads before he gets up.

April waits until Ross is out of earshot before she speaks up, "It's like having dinner with Ripley's Believe It or Not!"

Jackson pokes fun of her, "So you're starting to regret this whole let's bring dates idea?"

April thinks about whether or not to back down before shaking her head, "No. No. I love Ripley's Believe It or Not!"

"I love easy wedding sex, which I'm gonna miss out on now cause you jerks can't keep your hands off each other," Alex grumbles, "You made me bring sand to the beach, and it's sand I can't sleep with."

"At least you can drink," Angela sips her water, "I can't have easy wedding sex or easy sex with this belly, nor can I drink because of the child growing in my uterus. And since when can't you sleep with interns? I have Murphy up my ass all the time because you sleep with interns."

"I'm a homeowner now. I've grown up," Alex shrugs, "Besides, as you pointed out, they get all hung up and sad when you don't wanna be their boyfriends. It's a hassle."

"You are one classy guy, Karev," Arpil sighs.

Alex fake bows, "I make an effort."

Angela studies Alex, "Do you think he'd be better if I stayed around until he was 18?"

Her brother shakes his head, "Nah. I was doomed from the start. Crazy mother, and an absent father. There was no hope."

Thinking for a moment, Angela looks down at her bump, "Does that mean he's doomed? I mean, the likelihood of me going crazy like mom is high. His dad isn't around and never will be. Am I giving birth to the next messed up Karev?"