Chapter 31: Statements

Season 9, Episode 6

Angela sets a plate of cupcakes down in the attending's lounge, "I brought treats for everyone!"

"Oh, yay!" April claps, quickly grabbing one.

Everyone else takes turns eating a cupcake, their mouths stained blue from the inside frosting. Jackson and Angela share looks and smiles as they enjoy a cupcake and wait for everyone else to catch on.

Bailey looks at the inside of her cupcake before looking to Angela, "Is this what I think it is, Karev?"

"Maybe," She shrugs, fighting her smile. 

"Congratulations!" Bailey tells her, hugging her.

Most of the others end up catching on and hug her, but Derek still stands there, confused with blue all over his mouth, "What?"

Meredith points at his mouth, "What do you think, Derek? Blue cupcakes given to you by a pregnant mother?"

Derek still looks confused, looking between a laughing Angela and his cupcake, "Blue...pregnant..you're having a boy!"

They all cheer when he finally gets it before Angela nods, "Yes, I'm having a little boy."

"Mark would be so happy," Derek tells her. 

"I know. I wish he was here to see all this."

♤♤♤♤

Jackson and Angela walk to the nurses station where Meredith and Cristina are sitting, "Ah, the prodigal Yang returns."

"Yes, hi. Blah, blah. Pleasantries. Angela, why is this Jeff Randall in charge of my fellowship?" Cristina turns to the Cardio Chief.

"First, it's Jeff Russell-"

"-No one named Jeff has ever done anything substantial-"

Angela rolls her eyes at Cristina, "Second, I go on. maternity leave in a couple months and I don't want to switch your attending then. So, deal with it."

Jackson spots Alex, "Hey, Karev, when you buy Mer's house, can I get my old room back?"

Alex shakes his head, "Nope. No roommates. We're not in college. We're real people now."

"Wait. You're selling him your house?" Cristina questions Meredith.

"I might not. He wants me to rip out the floors," Meredith sasses.

Jackson spots an opportunity, "I'll take the floors as is."

Aprils voice is heard, "Jackson!"

He is quick to hide and run away as Alex asks, "Why don't you shack up with Kepner? You guys are always boinking anyway. Or my sister? Since you're over there a lot anyways."

Angela defends Jackson to a small degree, "Hey, he's keeping a deathbed promise to Mark to look after the baby and I."

"Where is he going?" April asks, stepping up to the counter.

"Away from you, it seems," Cristina comments.

"Cristina, glad you're back," April smiles.

She furrows her eyebrows as she looks at the spot Jackson just vacated, "You still doing it with Avery?"

"Does everybody know this now?"

"God and everybody," Cristina tells her, making Angela chuckle.

April groans, "Four whole seconds I was glad you were back."