Chapter 46: Leaving?

Season 9, Episode 22

Angela walks with Alex as his hood is up and one earbud is in through the hospital, "Just tell Wilson what you feel.  Otherwise, I'll be stuck listening to your stupid whining until I leave for Germany...which you didn't know about yet."

Alex stops, looking to his sister, "You're leaving? Again? Wha-when were you going to tell me? How long are you leaving this time?"

Stepping onto the elevator, Angela sighs, leaning against the back wall, "I was going to tell you last night when you came over for dinner but then you had whatever realization about Wilson. Everett and I will be living in Germany with Teddy for three years for this amazing opportunity to teach and research and operate."

"You're taking Ev away from me too?!" Alex exclaims, "That's crossing the line."

"Did you think I was just going to leave my son behind?"

"I was hoping I could keep my nephew."

"My son will be coming with me but we'll come back and visit plenty of times. I'll even fly you out for a couple holidays. Well, I'll make Jackson fly you out because he has money and a private jet and the urge to see his godson as much as you want to see him."

"This sucks," Alex shakes his head before staring at the wall as the doors open to reveal Cristina.

She walks in, not taking into account the climate between the siblings, "Just because a family overhears you say eight days, it's not like, magically on day eight, the guy's gonna wake up. I mean, it could be day four or day ten," Looking to Alex, Cristina registers the loud heavy metal music and pulls out an earbud to listen for a second before making fun, "Oh, what is that? The soundtrack of your broken heart? You gotta get over that hairball."

Alex let's the earbud hang, "I'm trying, but I keep running into her. And now my sister's taking my nephew and leaving me for a job in Germany."

The elevator doors open again to reveal Jo, so Angela presses the closed button as Cristina looks wide-eyed at her, "Out of order, Wilson. Use the stairs."

"You're taking a job in Germany!" Cristina yells, which Wilson overhears.

♤♤♤♤

Angela sighs, walking into a lounge as Cristina follows her, "Wa-you're leaving me? Why? You are the best teacher I've ever had, and I've had a lot of them. If it's too much of a workload here, I could take some of your cases. If it's too light a load, I can give you my entire service and just assist you. Whatever you want. Just...why are you leaving?!"

Sitting on the edge of the couch, she watches as Cristina paces the length of the room, "Are you done? Can I speak now?"

"Why are you leaving?!" She yells once more.

"I got a job offer from Teddy to work with her at Medcom in a teaching/research/operation capacity. Look, I'll be gone three years but easily reachable. I'll be back for visits and holidays because Everett's village is here, but I...I need to be away from Seattle for a little while," Angela sighs, sliding onto the actual couch.

Cristina sits next to her, "What if I go with you? We are a great team and can only get better. I can go to Germany. I love Germany!"

Angela chuckles, shaking her head, "No, Cristina, I need you here. When I leave, my job would go to Jeff Russell. He's good, but he's not Teddy, me or you. So, I need you to step up and help keep this department the way I would want it."

Sighing, Cristina crosses her arms, "Fine. I'll stay. But I want to be the first to know about all the cool surgeries you invent or do."

"Only if it goes both ways."