Chapter 52: Serving

Season 11, Episode 22
Easter

Angela holds Everett's hand as they walk through Grey Sloan. It's a very simple task that she's here for: convince Owen and April to come with her for training and convince Jackson or Alex to keep Everett while she's gone.

"Hey, favorite brother," Angela greets Alex, struggling to lift Everett up.

"Hi Uncle Alex!" The three-year-old greets.

Alex does a double-take before Everett is jumping into his arms, "Hey! There's my favorite little man. What are you two doing here?"

Angela continues to smile sweetly at him, "Just here for a few errands."

He studies her, rocking back and forth with his nephew, "What do you want?"

"For you to watch Everett while I take Hunt and Kepner for some overseas thing for a few months."

"You want me to keep your son so you can go back to the other side of the world? Taking two of our trauma surgeons?" Alex questions, handing Everett a pen to play with.

Everett makes him regret that right away as he takes the cap off the pen and draws on Alex's face.

"Yes, and I know it's a bad time. With Derek's passing and Meredith AWOL. But, this is something that I think April and Owen will benefit from, as well as this hospital and it's patients. It's trauma training to the nth degree," Angela explains.

Alex sighs, looking at Everett, "You wanna stay here with me, buddy? Have fun time with Uncle Alex?"

Everett smiles, "Yeah! Where's Uncle Jackson?"

"Did I hear my name?" Jackson comes up behind Alex, holding his arms out for Everett who jumps from uncle to uncle.

"Uncle Jackson!" 

Angela smiles politely at the man, "Uh, Everett's gonna be staying in Seattle for a while. I need to go find Owen."

Quickly turning around, Angela leaves Everett with his uncles as she goes to find Owen.

"Hey, I have a proposition for you."

♤♤♤♤

Angela is in the middle of explaining her idea with Owen to April, "And time isn't the same over there. Hours don't exist. There's only minutes, seconds."

"It's visceral and exciting and challenging," Angela walks on the other side of April.

"But you're Chief. Uh..."

"Well, not for the next few months. Webber is stepping in as Interim Chief. The work we'll get to do is raw and urgent. Kepner, you just feel so useful and good at the end of everyday. And after everything that's happened here, I-I'm ready. I'm ready for this kind of change. I just need to feel-"

April nods her head in understanding, "Useful. And good."

"Yeah."

Edwards, dressed as the Easter bunny, sets a basket in front of them on the desk as she takes off the head, "I don't care how sick the kids are. I'm not doing this next year."

♤♤♤♤

Angela finds April looking at the nursery, "Come with Owen and I. I know that you and Jackson...well, you suffered a lost. I don't know that exact pain, but I do know that what can help, is helping a big cause. My work in Germany and at MEDCOM has helped heal me in ways Grey Sloan never could. I won't push the issue, but Owen and I would have your back over there."