Chapter 29: Food List

Season 9, Episode 4

Angela groans, laying her head on the bathtub side, using a piece of toilet paper to wipe her mouth, "This is torture."

"Relax, it's the circle of life," Alex tells her, setting a glass of water and mouthwash next to her on the rim of the bathtub, "Are you eating from that list of food I gave you that's healthy for the baby? Cause there are studies that say eating certain foods help with the nausea-"

"Alex, I love you, but shut the hell up," Angela throws a towel at him.

He dodges the towel, leaning against the door frame, "I'm just trying to be helpful."

"Thanks, be helpful by not sleeping with the interns so they can focus on their job," Angela glares, smirking slightly.

Shrugging, Alex shakes his head, "Nah, I'm gonna keep sleeping with them. It's more fun for me."

She heaves, moving to lean over the toilet again as Alex sighs, "You really should try that diet I suggested."

Angela pauses, looking at her brother, "I will kill you."

♤♤♤♤

Groaning, Angela leans against the nurses desk and trying not to throw up again, "You look like hell."

"Good morning to you too, Dr. Avery. Are you here to comment on my looks some more or are you gonna be doing something useful in the next five seconds?" Angela sasses Jackson.

"Wow. Okay. Bitchy this morning, aren't we?" Jackson backs down when she glares at him, "Anyways, my mom is here. Working on a case with Webber. And me. And April."

"I'm so glad something bad is happening to you and not me, this time," Angela smiles, "I for one hope that you have a fantastic surgery and enjoy the...family environment."

Jackson gives her a fake smile, "I love that you feel comfortable enough with me to tease me about my overbearing mother and whatever the hell it is I have going on with April."

Angela sips her water, "It's one of the few joys in my life right now. Do you wanna be the one to take that from me?"

His jaw drops as she walks away, "That's unfair."

♤♤♤♤

Laying on the couch in the attending's lounge, Angela snacks on some crackers as she fills out paperwork. Derek enters, sighing as he tries shaking out his hand, "You could always try putting it in rice. Fixes my phone when it stops working."

Derek looks over at her, snorting and shaking his head, "It's not so much that it stopped working, and more that it shakes when I try and do any type of surgeon actions," He rants before taking a breath, "Sorry, didn't mean to shout at the end there."

"Don't worry about it. So, how's teaching the unteachable?" Angela jokes, sitting up slightly as Derek sits in the chair across from the couch.

"It's....they are maddening," Derek sighs, revealing, "Seriously, I hate teaching."

Angela chuckles, shrugging, "I don't think you hate teaching, I think you hate that it seems like your only option right now. However, that group of interns are difficult. It's even harder when they can't look you in the eye because they are sleeping with your brother. Or, they get over-comfortable with you and share every detail about sleeping with your brother."

He thinks for a moment, "First ones Brooks, second's Murphy."

"Yup."

Derek laughs, nodding to signal conceding, "Fair point. Then there's Ross. Asks me about one small detail or surgery. He's too focused on the small picture."