Chapter 42: LODOX

Season 9, Episode 18

Angela stands in her kitchen with Everett on her hip as she cooks and Alex sits at her counter, "What do you know of this Chest Peckwell guy that Wilson's seeing?"

Turning to her brother, Angela scoffs, "Nothing. I don't talk to any OB's outside of my own. Why don't you man up and talk to Wilson like a grown-up?"

"Shut up," Alex shakes his head at her before standing and taking Everett, "My little buddy and I are gonna look up this Chest Dickwell-"

"That is not the original name you said," Angela reminds her brother, shaking a bottle up for Everett before handing it to Alex, "While you research your girlfriends boyfriend, feed your nephew before he starts grabbing at your man boobs."

Alex looks down to Everett, who's already reaching out, "These don't make milk. You try getting mouthy with either of them, we're gonna have problems."

♤♤♤♤

After dropping Everett off at the daycare, she meets the other owners at the nurses station where Richard is complementing things, "I love the new logo. It really catches the eye. An, uh, these coffee sleeves-excellent thermal retention."

"I'm glad you noticed. Almost makes the 17 hour meeting worth it," Angela sighs, dropping her purse on the ground between her and Jackson.

Derek points to the sheet behind her, "What's up with the sheet?"

Jackson shrugs, looking to him, "I thought you guys put it there for some kind of unveiling."

They all look at each other, shaking their heads before Richard asks, "Well, somebody should say a few words, right? I mean, it's unlucky not to."

A laughing Arizona and Callie join them, "Hey, why are you guys staring at the wall?"

"Oh, we're waiting for the...big unveiling," Cristina tells them.

"Mm. Well, you should be staring at my wife," Callie says as they turn to the blonde.

"New haircut?" Meredith asks.

"No, you're wearing heels. You got a new leg?" Angela notices, smiling.

Callie nods, "Yes! She's wearing heels because she has a sexy high-heel leg that makes her ass go pow."

Meredith, Cristina and Angela agree, hyping Arizona up as the men try to be respectful before Callie looks at them, "Mm-hmm. Come on, guys. You can comment, too. You have permission," Derek shakes his head as Jackson checks it out, "It's the one time in your life you can say it...and, uh, not be gross."

Webber starts as Cristina mimics big with her hands, "Well, I think it's a fine gluteal-"

"Oh, no," Arizona points at him, "Yeah. Let's just do the unveiling."

Jackson looks back, "Um, guys, I think the painters actually just left that there," He pulls down the sheet to reveal the new sign:

Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital
Est. 2013

"Let's get back to work," Jackson says, "End of speech," As they all disperse.

♤♤♤♤

Angela heads to the ER, where Owen and April are showing the interns and staff the new set-up, "I cannot wait to use this thing," She joins them.

"Chief Hunt, we've got an ATV accident two minutes out," A nurse calls over to the group.

"Let's go!" Angela tells them.

♤♤♤♤

After rounding on her patients upstairs, Angela makes her way back down to the ER and sees Jackson and Owen trying to find patients for the LODOX, "Guys, can we leave the patients alone? You are being creepy stalker doctors."

"You want to use the LODOX as much as we do," Owen reminds her.

"Yes, but not to the point of driving patients away. Do you guys know where Yang is? I wanted to touch base on her fellowship."

One of the nurses looks up, "Oh, she's with Dr. Russell performing a lotus valve surgery."

Angela's jaw drops, "Damn. I've wanted to try my hand at that for weeks now. Yang is quick."

Jackson snorts, looking over at the patients in the ER, "Aren't you her and Russell's boss? Couldn't you jus order them to let you help?"

"No. That's just an abuse of power. I'll just have to live vicariously through Cristina."

♤♤♤♤

Murphy sighs as she looks over the board while they sit around the nurses desk, "I only have a dog bite and two patients with the flu."

Brooks runs up to them, smiling, "I have a sprained ankle."

"Yeah," Murphy nods, turning to Owen, "Let's do that. Get him in the machine."

"He doesn't need a full body scan," Angela snorts, resting back in the chair with her feet up.

"It's a really bad sprain," Brooks argues. 

"I have a stomach ache," Jackson mumbles.

Murphy thinks, "Stomachache could be a tumor, kidney stones."

Angela laughs at everyone's over excitement, "No, I think Dr. Avery means he has a stomach ache."

Jackson sits up, nodding, "We spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on that thing, and it's just sitting there."

"It's only been a couple of hours," Angela stands up, moving to stand next to Jackson and resting a hand on his back, "Have some patience and treat those the way they need and not the way you want."

♤♤♤♤

Angela enters the attending lounge, seeing Cristina kneeling before Meredith and talking to her belly, "Hello...this is...Cristina...Yang. I don't know. What do you want me to say?"

"Anything. Just talk," Meredith says, frustrated.

"Oh, come on. Move," Angela waves Cristina aside before sitting on the couch next to Meredith, "Hey, Baby Grey. It's Angela Karev. I have a son. He's only gonna be a few months older than you, which means you'll have a playdate buddy and someone to cause trouble with."

Meredith nods, "Keep talking, it's working."

Laying back, Angela sighs, "Think about it this way. Your dad and my son's dad were best of friends growing up. Now, you and Everett have the chance to be best friends. There are a couple of rules: no pranking me or your mom. Your dad and Uncle Alex? Free reign to prank as much as you want. In fact, I'll get you ice cream after every prank."

♤♤♤♤

Angela crosses her arms as she stands in front of Cristina, "I can't believe you actually cut Russell's funding so he had to rely on you."

"You can't? I thought it would have been obvious the plan I was going for," Cristina shrugs, sipping her coffee.

"You better not let it affect your fellowship too much. I've got a lot riding on you, Yang. If you blow it, we'll have problems," Angela warns her.

♤♤♤♤

AN: this one is really short, sorry, but there was almost no room to fit Angela into any of the stories. 

Sorry about the long wait and with almost no reward but I wanted to get an update out as soon as I could.

QoC: which season are you looking forward to the most?

Thank you for all of the votes and reads and comments!!!