Chapter 36: Winning

Season 9, Episode 11

Angela glares at her belly in the attending's lounge as Alex and Cristina talk, "I heard your girlfriend did a little panty dance in the kitchen this morning."

"She's not my girlfriend. Look, I know it's weird. She's hot and she's always around, but I don't even think of her like that. It'd be like you and I sleeping together," Alex sits next to Angela with his cup of coffee and a cup of tea for her.

Snorting, Angela takes a sip, "You are such a bad liar."

"Ew. I'm trying to eat my breakfast."

"Did you hear your husband accidentally copped a feel?" Alex questions Cristina.

She laughs as she drinks her juice, "Yeah. Oh, and he's not my husband. That's why he's sneaking in at the crack of crack."

"You are a messed up broad."

"Both of you are messed up," Angela sighs, perking up as Jackson brings in a tin of cookies.

"Dr. Webber rejected my mother's cookies."

Angela and Alex both shake their heads, "That sounds dirty."

Jackson takes a seat on Angela's other side as she opens the cookie tin, "She's worried about him. She wants me to assess his mood. She think he's depressed."

"His wife died a month ago. Any sane person would be depressed when someone they love dies," Angela reminds him.

"You weren't depressed when Sloan died," Cristina says.

"She said sane person," Alex quips, wincing when Angela hits his arm, "Oh, come on. They were thinking it too."

Angela glares at him, "But you were the only one that said it."

Jackson shakes his head, "Anyway, is this normal depressed or too depressed?"

Cristina shrugs, "I mean, he's fine. He's back at work."

"Nah, but he's not operating."

"Maybe you should hold him," Alex suggests. 

The cardio surgeons try to hold back laughs as Jackson shakes his head, "Okay, I'm done. Enjoy the cookies."

Angela watches as Cristina steals the tin from her, pouting, "I was."

♤♤♤♤

"So you and Cristina are divorced but still sleeping together?" Angela asks Owen as they walk through the halls.

"What? Where'd you hear that?" Owen almost runs into a door.

She gives him a look, "The woman was my mentee. You were one of my best friends. You don't think I have ways to finding this out."

Owen sighs, "Cristina told you."

Angela rolls her eyes, "Duh. So, why get divorced if you're gonna keep sleeping with her?"

He shrugs, flipping through papers so he doesn't have to face her, "Because....well...don't you have patients to see today? Lives to save?"

"I assigned Cristina and Wilson post-ops while I try and urge baby boy to come out. As of my last OB appointment, I am nowhere near ready to give birth and tomorrow is my due date. I want him out," Angela runs a hand over her belly, wincing when baby boy lands a hard kick to her hand.

"Good luck with that," Owen snorts.

Angela sticks her tongue out at him, reaching for her phone as it buzzes to see a message from their lawyer, "Uh, I gotta go."