Chapter 27: Surge

Season 9, Episode 2

Angela runs through the halls of the hospital in Idaho, looking for Mark. A nurse follows after her, "You can't be back here! He is not well!"

"I know that! I'm a cardio and trauma surgeon. You will let me see him or you are gonna have bigger problems than me being back here," Angela faces her, glaring before marching into Mark's room.

Mark lays on the bed, asleep, while Angela sits in the chair next to his bed and holds his hand, "I'm here, Mark. Sofia and Callie are waiting for you back in Seattle and Arizona is down the hall. We're gonna get you back to Seattle and fix you up and live a long and happy life as a family."

♤♤♤♤

Angela sits on the bumpy plane in between Richard and Bailey, "This reminds me of the carrier plane that brought me home from my last tour."

Bailey calls out over the noise in the plane, "I wish they had put me out, too."

"Yeah, I know what you mean."

"Morning sickness is not making this any funner," Angela comments.

"All I keep thinking is, we're gonna crash on some tropical island and get attacked by a polar bear."

Angela shakes her head, "I don't know what you mean."

Richard looks at her, "Did you say morning sickness?"

"Yeah. I'm pregnant. Mark's baby."

♤♤♤♤

Angela stops in Cristina's room where the fellow's are eating, "Hey."

"You should sit down," Alex tells her, getting up from his spot on the couch.

"I'm only four months along. I'm fine, and I'm here to check on Cristina or do you have a problem with me doing my job?" Angela asks, crossing her arms as she stares her brother down.

"Nope," He quickly shakes his head as April and Jackson laugh at him.

Jackson asks her, "Have you seen Sloan today? How's he doing?"

Angela looks over Cristina's chart, "He's fine. I told him about his service and some of the patient's that have come in. You know, to keep him up to date."

Meredith nods, pointing at Angela, "That is exactly how we need to approach this. Keep going and everyone will come back."

"Well, Cristina's stay here is going to be over soon and if she doesn't speak or show signs of life, she'll be moved up to psychiatry to be treated for PTSD which I think is exactly what she needs."

"If you think Cristina needs to be locked up in the looney bin, you're crazy," Meredith tells her.

Angela glares at the general fellow, "First of all, remember who you're speaking to. Second, I know PTSD and this isn't going to go away because you want it too. Same with yours but that's another talk for another day. If medically, what Cristina needs is to go up to psych, then that's what'll happen. You have no right or way to stop it. Right now, only she does."

♤♤♤♤

Angela steps into Mark's room, seeing Derek talking with him, "Oh, sorry. I can stop by later-"

"No, Derek was just leaving to get back to 100%," Mark says, smirking at his best friend.

"I guess I'm getting back to 100%," Derek sighs, giving Angela a pat on the arm as he leaves.