Chapter 39: Quitting

Season 9, Episode 15

Angela rocks Everett alone in her apartment, trying to calm him as he cries relentlessly, "C'mon Ev, work with momma here. Please?"

Hearing a knock on the door, Angela switches Everett to one arm and opens the door with the other, "Alex? What are you doing here?"

"Saving you, it seems. Give him to me," Alex takes Everett from Angela, "Is he on some kinda strike?"

"I don't know. Usually I can get him down easier but he just won't stop cryi-" Angela pauses when she realizes Alex is able to calm his nephew down in seconds, "I hate you and I love you."

"He just need Uncle Alex. Babies love me," Alex shrugs, sitting on the couch carefully as to not make Everett start screaming again.

Looking at her phone, she sees five missed calls from Callie and Meredith each before the screen lights up with Callie's contact, "What's going on? Why are you guys calling me so much?"

"Can you get over to the Shepherd's house?" 

"No. I have a newborn that I can't be dragging all over town and into the middle of the woods at night."

Alex starts to speak up, "I could watch him-"

"Shut up, Alex," Angela looks at her younger brother before going back to the phone conversation, "What is so important that you wanna drag my son and I out at this time of night?"

"We wanna buy Seattle Grace-"

Arizona's voice comes over the phone in the background, "You do! You want to buy Seattle Grace!"

"-But we don't have enough with just the $60 million us four got from the lawsuit, $75 million if you count Cristina's and $100 million if Marks-"

"Are you seriously asking me what I think you are right now?" Angela goes into her bedroom from privacy after she sees that Alex has Everett.

"Look, I know it's rude, but you said that you-"

"This isn't about me. This is about Mark and I's son. Look, if you wanna ask for money from me, do it in person at least. Wait until you see me at work tomorrow. For now, goodnight."

Throwing her phone on the bed, Angela sighs heavily before heading back out to her brother and son, laughing when she watches one of Everett's tiny hands hitting Alex in the face.

"I wish I was recording that."

"Shut up."

♤♤♤♤

Dropping Everett off for his first day at the hospital daycare was harder on Angela than she thought it would be. She stood in the window, watching him sleep in one of the bassinet's for who knows how long until someone touched her shoulder and startled her. Turning around, she saw Jackson.

"Sorry, didn't mean to startle you, but we were wondering where you were. What's going on? Everything okay?" He asks, smiling when he spots Everett.

"It's just....it's harder to leave him alone than I thought it would be. We've literally been together his whole life," Angela looks up at Jackson as the plastics surgeon tries to hide his laughter, "And you are making fun of me. Nice."