Chapter 40: Buying

Season 9, Episode 16

Angela rocks Everett as she starts to get ready to meet the others, "Hey, buddy. So, Uncle Jackson is gonna take you to the day-care at the hospital. Thankfully, he isn't pissed at mommy. At least, not taking it out on you."

Hearing a knock on the door, she opens it to see Jackson leaning against the wall, "He ready to go?"

"Yeah, thank you so much for this I know-"

"Yeah, yeah, you wanna tell me why you all just up and left Seattle Grace?" Jackson asks, crossing his arms.

"I would if I could. Look, I will explain everything as soon as I can just...be patient? Please?" Angela begs him, rocking Everett as he starts to fuss a little.

Taking a moment to study the mother-son duo, he nods, "Fine. Where's his stuff and his carrier?" 

"On the coffee table. If they run into any problems with him, I'm just a call away," She puts him into the carrier, "Thank you so, so much."

She kisses his cheek before shutting the door on him and gathering all the necessary paperwork before meeting everyone else.

♤♤♤♤

Arizona goes over the plan, "Okay, so this time, I'll do the peds stuff first and then Angela, you can talk the trauma stuff."

"And then I will go into the neuro," Derek adds.

"Okay, can somebody else do the closing? I-I was awful last time we practiced."

Shaking her head at her wife, Arizona says, "No, you were fine."

Callie asks, "We really want to end on my flop sweats?"

Arizona looks to the only male surgeon apart of their group, "Derek, you do the closing."

The receptionist approaches the group, "I'm sorry. It should be just a few more minutes. Can I get you any water or coffee?"

They say variations of no except for Cristina, "Coffee. And a bagel or something," Turning to see some of their looks, she shrugs, "I'm starving. This meeting was supposed to start half an hour ago."

"Okay, he's a billionaire. One of his minutes is worth 40 of ours," Callie says.

"I highly doubt we'll meet directly with him right away. It'll probably be a board of financial exec's," Angela mumbles to herself, looking around the office.

"I can't believe we got this meeting in the first place," Arizona comments, no one hearing what Angela said.

Derek turns to his financial guy, "Yeah, nice job, Stan."

Stan nods, "I really believe Julian Crest is our guy. He made all his money in late-stage internet mobile. Medical tech is the one area he doesn't have a foothold. Your focus on applied research, it's right up his alley."

Cristina crosses her arms, "Yeah, well, someone should buy him a watch."

Meredith picks her phone up to make a call as the receptionist sets down Cristina's coffee and bagel. Angela checks her phone to see if there's anything about Everett. This is the farthest she's ever been away from him.

"We're all set if you'll follow me."

They all gather their stuff and follow her.

♤♤♤♤

"You are investing in an institution, a reputation, a legacy. But Seattle Grace Mercy West hospital is worth more than its past. Our plan is to build on that reputation, to make Seattle Grace a place where medical innovation is developed and delivered to the patients who need it. That is our plan. That is the future of Seattle Grace. And we invite you to be a part of it," Derek closes to the two guys who look to be straight out of high school.