Chapter 47: Storm Part 1

Season 9, Episode 23

Angela holds Everett to her chest, rocking him as she makes herself a coffee, "Only a couple more days and then we'll be in Germany. Are you ready?"

Everett lifts his head up, opening and closing his mouth at her, causing her to smile, "I'll take that as a yes."

♤♤♤♤

After making sure Everett has extra supplies in daycare, Angela heads up to the main lobby for Owen's all staff meeting, "The storm will bring in a lot of extra casualties. We're gonna need to make room for them, so let's discharge all patients that can be. Post-op and long-term patients are gonna be transferred to Seattle Pres further inland. We're gonna bring in supplementals- water, food, meds, lighting. Uh, we're gonna be checking and refueling the backup generators. As for you surgeons, push, postpone, or cancel all elective procedures until after this storm."

Seeing Alex in street clothes go up to Derek and then the two sneaking away, Angela decides to follow them. She follows them to a patient room where she sees one of the OB residents, specifically Jo's boyfriend, laid up in a hospital bed.

"Alex, what the hell did you do?"

"Nothing. I found him like that," Alex tells her, closing the curtain, "Look, Jo showed up at the house last night-"

"No, Alex, listen to me. Whatever happened between the two of them did not give you the right to beat the crap out of him," Angela says, opening the curtain to peek into the room, "Alex, you really did some damage to him."

He shakes his head, turning away, "No, Ang, you've got it all wrong. Will you just go and cut someone's heart and let Shepherd work on Peckwell? I mean, Meyers."

Angela looks between Jason and Alex, rolling her eyes as Brooks steps in to assist Derek, "Fine. Brooks, keep me updated."

Brooks looks back to Derek, who just nods, "O-okay."

"Hey, Angie, I need you on storm prep," Owen stops her before she gets to far away, "But I also need you to check on Paul Dawson. Make sure Cristina doesn't take him off care."

"It's been nine days, Owen, medicine says-"

"I don't care what medicine says. Don't let her pull the plug," Owen demands, walking away.

"Everyone is so bossy today. Have I ever given the signs that I'm okay with being bossed around?" Angela asks one of the nurses. 

"No, ma'am."

♤♤♤♤

Angela walks into the attending's lounge to find Cristina and Meredith standing over Alex, "You could go to jail."

"I'm not going to jail. He was like that when I found him," Alex argues. 

"That's your story?" Meredith asks.

"Come on, Alex. You can lie better than that. No one is gonna believe that. It's us, just tell us what happened," Angela joins the others, looking down at her brother.

Alex shakes his head, "I didn't do anything."

Jo walks into the room, face covered in bruises, "He didn't do it. He just found him. I did it."

Angela looks to her brother, "Is she telling the truth?"

He nods, "Yes, ma'am."

"Well. Damn you, Alex Karev."

♤♤♤♤

Jo explains to Alex and the women what happened, "We were having a fight. He grabbed my arm. I fought him off. If just, it got ugly. He fell backwards and he hit his head on the fireplace, but he was still yelling when I left. He was fine. I swear."