Chapter 25: News

Season 8, Episode 24

Angela bounces her leg nervously as she waits for her labs back with Teddy, "What if I am? What if I'm actually pregnant, T?"

Teddy gives her a hopeful smile, "Then you and Mark raise them and give them a good life. I spoil them as fun Aunty T. Callie and Arizona are like extra moms and Sofia will be a great big sister."

"I meant the fact that Lexie is in love with Mark. She thinks I don't know but I overheard them talking the other night where she admitted it. And he didn't tell me about it. What does that mean? Does that mean he loves her back? Are they going to fall back in love during their trip to Boise? Am I gonna be alone to raise this baby, if there even is a baby in the first place? How will-"

"Dr. Karev, labs are ready," The lab tech interrupts her.

"Oh thank god," Teddy sighs before grabbing the labs as Angela had frozen, "Ready?"

Angela stares wide eyed at her best friend, "Do I look ready to you?"

A nurse sees them and runs up to them, "Dr. Altman, Dr. Karev! Incoming trauma. Building collapse on firefighter recruits. Dr. Hunt needs you both in the pit."

"Well, that settles that," Angela swipes the labs from Teddy and hands them to the nurse, "Can you put these in my locker in the attending's lounge? Thanks. Let's go, T. Patients are waiting on us."

"You will look at those results tonight even if it's over my dead body."

♤♤♤♤

Bailey calls out while examining their patient, "I've got a lot of free fluid in the upper right quadrant. Somebody call CT."

"Right away, doctor."

Owen comes in and talks to Callie, "Open femur in two."

Callie nods, looking down on her current patient, "Strong pulse. He's good."

Angela looks to one of the nurses, "I need those chest films, please."

"Right away."

She finds Owen looking at her, "What's up?"

"I just got a call from Rita Simon this morning," Owen tells her.

"Really? I haven't heard from Rita since I was discharged. She actually helped with my discharge. What'd she want?"

Owen nods, "I was surprised too. She asked me if I knew if Altman was taking the Chief job at Medcom."

Angela freezes and looks up at Owen, confused,  "She has an offer to be the Chief at Medcom? And she didn't tell me?"

He sighs, shrugging, "Well, she didn't tell me either. I've already lost the head of neuro to Harvard, and now I have to find a new head of cardio on top of everyone else?"

"Okay, one, you don't know for sure if T is even taking the job. I was talking to her five minutes ago about the future. And two, I'm sure you could find a head of cardio just fine. Let's get him ready for CT," Angela refers to the patient.

"Would you take the job? At Medcom?" Owen asks her.

"Maybe. I don't know. I wasn't offered the job so it's not even an option for me. Can I focus on the firefighter recruit in front of me, please?" Angela pushes him aside so she could leave the room.

♤♤♤♤

In surgery, Angela tries to focus on her patient but Owen had talked to Teddy who had apparently told him she won't be taking the job, "Can you tell me why?"