Chapter 49: Leaving

Season 10, Episode 01

Right as Jackson and Angela's lips are about to connect, Angela pulls back, "Uh, I've got to go, um, ch-check on patients. And Ev. Maybe even with God. I-I gotta go."

"Wait, Ang-" Jackson is cut off by the curtain closing. 

Angela takes a deep breath, shaking herself to focus, "Not the time. Not even close to the right time."

♤♤♤♤

Owen gathers most of the board n Meredith's hospital room. Bailey holds the baby as Arizona and Angela holding Everett and looking over Baileys shoulders and Cristina takes pictures on Meredith's phone.

"Okay, we should get started," Owen says, "Um, Bailey, we have some board business that we need to disc-"

Bailey cuts him off, "I'm not going anywhere. Me and this baby got Bailey business to discuss. Don't we? Yes, Mr. Derek Bailey Shepherd. Yes we do."

Angela turns to the new parents, "What does Zola think of him?"

Meredith smiles, "Oh, she wants to take him to day care for show and tell."

"Where's Richard?" Derek asks.

"I paged all the board members."

"Well, Avery should be here, too," Derek says, causing Angela to look down.

Angela stays quiet as Owen tells them, "Yeah, well, he was being a hero last night. He dislocated his shoulder saving a kid from the bus crash."

"What bus crash?" Meredith asks.

Cristina waves it off, "She had a baby. She doesn't know things."

"So tell me."

Angela sits on the counter on the side of the room as she holds Everett, "A church was evacuating some people, when their bus overturned outside of the hospital."

Owen nods, "The good news is everyone survived, and there are no major injuries."

"And the bad news?" Arizona asks.

"Everything else," Angela sighs, after her almost-kiss with Jackson, she threw herself into the hospital, "The blood bank is flooded, the ER looks like it was ransacked."

"So we need to close the ER?" Derek questions, sitting next to Meredith's bed.

Owen doesn't answer directly, "We're dangerously low on meds. Personnel can't make it in due to the flooding."

Cristina nods, "So we need to close the ER."

"Can we do that?"

Angela sighs, holding Everett above her head as he is wide awake and wanting to play, "We are the board. Chief Hunt is telling us what the circumstances are and we need to make the decision," Before pulling Everett down quickly and causing him to giggle.

"What do we need? I can try to coordinate with our suppliers," Meredith volunteers, receiving weird looks, "I had a baby, I'm not dead."

"I felt the same way. Trust me, feeling dead will come in a couple weeks," Angela sighs.

"If they have it, then we want it," Owen answers Meredith's question, "In the meantime, let's make sure that our inpatients are taken care of and discharge who we can."

"Like me," Meredith comments.

Derek is quick to shut that down, "No, you just had a major abdominal surgery. You're gonna stay right here."