Chapter 8: Boys Night

♤Season 8, Episode 4♤

Angela smiles as she spots Owen looking around his new office confused, "Dude, could you be anymore out of place?"

Owen rolls his eyes at her, "You know, you could give me advice instead of just standing there."

"Mm, naw. That's not how our relationship works. Now, what are you doing?"

"I'm setting up my office. It's my first real day, get off my back. Don't you have a surgery to do?" He waves her off.

"I don't know why you're setting up an office. Knowing you, you'll see it maybe once a month. But, do what you want, chief," Angela winks at him before spotting Mark, Webber and Derek staring at Owen in the office, "You three are like gossiping hens."

Mark sees her look of disappointment of how little they are trusting Owen, "You know, you've given me a lot of looks, and I mean a lot, but none of them have ever been of disappointment."

Angela steps closer to him, smirking at him, "That can easily change, Sloan. Trust me. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a surgery."

♤♤♤♤

Spotting Owen in the conference room, Angela sits on the table when he looks away, stealing half of his sandwich, "You know," she takes a bite, "You're a great chief, but I think you need to not torture yourself by sitting here. Go back to your office or you're going to get nothing done. Trust me. Just, find your flow without damning yourself."

"Sure, you can have my sandwich," Owen sighs, "What should I do then, Angie?"

"I don't know, Owen. You're chief. You figure it out," Angela smiles, taking the rest of the sandwich and walking out.

"I want my sandwich!"

♤♤♤♤

"Alex, how's the paper coming along?" Angela asks her brother.

He huffs, rolling his eyes, "Crappy. I can't write it, Shepherd kicked me off of neuro and I've got a patient who isn't actually injured but in love with Kepner. Do you have any solutions?"

She nods, "Yes, stop being pissy. The more you think about a probelm-"

"The worse is becomes. I know, you've been saying that same crap for years. Come up with something new," Alex goes to turn away.

Angela grabs his arm, turning him back towards her, "Seriously. You are giving me attitude? Not a smart move. Now, for real, find something else to-"

Alex throws his hands up, "You know what? I don't have time to listen to your 'just believe' crap. Do me a favor, talk to me when you're normal again."

This time, Angela let's him walk away.

♤♤♤♤

"Punching a patient! Seriously Hunt! I thought you knew better," Angela corners Owen.

"Not now, Angie-"

She stops him, grabbing his tablet, "Yes, now. Owen, you punched a patient. That's bad. You have to apologize to him."

Owen scoffs at her, trying to grab the tablet back, "Angie, I can't. He was causing harm to my staff, my patients. I had no choice."