Chapter 50: Jimmy

Season 10, Episode 13

Angela and Teddy sit in the former's apartment with Everett as the two discuss upcoming projects, "I think I can get the paper written within two days of the research being completed. I just need Joyce and Rosenbrand to keep all notes they have organized."

"Got it," Teddy nods, swinging Everett around, "He's so big. I can't believe he's almost a year old."

"Me either," Angela shakes her head, squinting her face at her son, receiving a laugh in return, "I might try and do his first birthday party in Seattle. You know, give his family there a chance to celebrate him. That is, if nothing to wild is going on over there."

As if on cue, Angela's phone rings, "Hey, Alex. What's up? Everett doesn't go to bed for another like 30 minutes."

"Dad's here. His heart's been hacked up by a resident. Avery and Kepner ran off at her wedding three weeks ago. Yang let's Ross think he runs the place and it put Jimmy in real bad shape. You might wanna come back to Seattle."

♤♤♤♤

Angela walks through the halls of Grey-Sloan, "I need to see either Dr. Hunt, Dr. Karev or Dr. Webb-"

"Someone needs to take responsibility for Jimmy, and it's not gonna be me," Alex says, as he walks by with Wilson, "Technically, they're still married."

"Tell me you did not call mom about Jimmy," Angela steps in their path, arms crossed.

He shakes his head, "Hell no. I called-"

"Good God, you look just like your father," A woman's voice says from behind Angela.

Alex shakes her hand as Angela goes to his side, "Sorry. Alex. This is my older sister, Angela and my fiancee, Jo Wilson," Both women shoot him looks, confused.

"Naomi."

"Right. Well, we're gonna walk this way. Angela just got into town as well," Alex kisses Jo's check before the trio walk towards Jimmy's room.

♤♤♤♤

Alex makes small talk with Naomi, knowing him and Angela will probably have words later, "You didn't bring your son."

"Wasn't any reason to bring Nicki. I'm really only here for that guitar. You two can do whatever you want with the rest of his stuff. Keep it, toss it. Dealer's choice," They arrive outside of Jimmy's room, "What the hell is this? He's not dead?"

"No."

"You lied to me."

"Yeah."

Angela snorts.

♤♤♤♤

"This can't be legal. You can't just call somebody up and say he's dead if it's not true," Naomi complains to the Karev siblings.

"If he acted in a family capacity and not a doctor one, there's nothing that says he can't," Angela defends her little brother, "Besides, from what I've seen in his chart, he's septic. His organs are failing. He's good and truly dying," She smiles, "He's got a few days at most."

"Look, he knows you both," He shoots Angela a look, "Are coming."

Angela rolls her eyes as Naomi asks, "So, what, I'm supposed to sit in there, hold his hand, and kiss away his tears like he wasn't a complete bastard?"

"I feel like we would've gotten along great if you didn't have poor taste in men," Angela tells her former step-mother.

Naomi crosses her arms, "Oh, yeah? Where's your last relationship?"