Chapter 38: Karev-Sloan

Season 9, Episode 14

After a relatively quick and easy birthing process, Angela sits in her hospital bed, cradling baby boy. Tracing a finger over his cheek as he sleeps, she grabs her phone and calls Teddy.

"Hey, A, I'm kinda busy-"

"Too busy to meet your godson?" Angela asks, holding the phone to get his sleeping face in the shot.

Teddy immediately drops whatever papers she was looking at and picks up the phone to try and get a closer look, "Oh, my God! He is adorable! When did he arrive? Stats? Everything good?"

Angela chuckles softly, "He arrived about an hour ago. All healthy at seven pounds and 19 inches tall. Normal birth, thank God."

"I am going to have to schedule a visit in order to hold my little godson. He still is my godson, right?"

"Of course he is, T. No one else I would rather have take care of my child if something happens to me. So when are you coming to town to meet him?"

♤♤♤♤

After talking with Teddy for over an hour, Angela finally hangs up just in time to hear a knock at the door before a group of people come in.

Alex, Jackson, Arizona, Callie, Cristina, Derek, Meredith and Owen all crowd around the room to meet the newest member of the Seattle Grace Mercy West family. 

"Hey, guys," Angela smiles, looking down on her son as his eyes slowly blink open, "You coming to meet him or see me?"

"Both, but mostly see him. Now, can I hold my nephew?" Alex asks, holding his arms out.

Angela carefully maneuvers her son into her brothers arms, "Remember, cradle his hea-"

"Ang, I do this for a living, relax."

She glares at him slightly as Callie and Arizona crowd around him to get a closer look, "So," Callie finally asks, "What's his name?"

"Well, I wanted to honor his father as well as the man who will probably be one of the most influencial people in his life. So meet Everett Alexander Karev-Sloan."

"Aw," They coo, smiling as Everett grips onto Arizona's finger and gurgles.

The surgeons all take turns holding Everett before it finally gets to Jackson's turn and he moves to stand next to Angela as he rocks the newborn. 

Owen gives Angela a hug, "Congratulations, Angie. You're gonna be a great mother."

"Thanks, Owen," Angela smiles at her friend.

"Who's his godparents?" Derek asks, making faces at Everett over Jackson's shoulder.

She sighs, pushing her hair out of her face, "Well, Teddy was always going to be his godmother. We've been best friends for so long and it wouldn't feel right going with anyone else. His godfather was a little trickier. I had to think of who Mark would want and who's been there for me during pregnancy and who'd be the best role model for Everett since said godparent would have to be willing to step into the father role. So, that all of that together led me to Jackson."

Jackson looks down at Angela, smiling, "Me? Seriously? Are you sure?"

Angela nods, taking Everett back and cradling his once he starts to get a little fussy, "Yeah. You were Mark's guy. He trusted you with a lot and then you were there for me my entire pregnancy. So, what do you say?"

"I say thank you!" He leans down, kissing her forehead before looking back at Everett.

♤♤♤♤
A few weeks later