Chapter 18: Man Brain

Season 8, Episode 15

Angela giggles, playing peek-a-boo with Sofia while Mark gets her ready for the day, "Are you gonna go play in the daycare while your mommies and daddy and Auntie Angela save lives? Yes, you are."

"Did you hear that Derek's sister is in town?" Mark asks.

"Which sister? The one down in LA with Addison or one of the ones out in New York that he tries to avoid?" Angela questions, picking Sofia up and bouncing her as they make their way out to the living room.

"LA one. Apparently she has a case she wants Derek to look at," He tells her as he puts Sofia in her carrier.

She wrinkles her nose, "I would be less focused on the gossip of the hospital and the Shepherd family drama and more focused on the fact that Bailey is going to kill you when she sees you have a former patient of hers undergoing a surgery she denied before."

Mark waves her off, "I'll be fine. I'll have Jackson to back me up."

"Or get yelled at in place of you. That woman goes on a war path and I don't think even a grenade could stop her," Angela comments as they leave the apartment. 

♤♤♤♤

Walking through the ER, Angela sees Callie, "A meat grinder? A hand in a meat grinder and you might be able to save the hand? I am so jealous. With Yang at therapy with stupid Hunt, I don't have my right hand and Teddy has taken all the good surgeries today so I am losing my mind."

Callie laughs at her, "Aw, is the little Major feeling bored without any cool cases like my meat grinder," She shakes her head, "Anyway, it's not really my case. I'm having Grey take lead so I can see if she is worthy of my study method for her boards."

"Mark and I have been helping Jackson study for his boards. The kid's a legacy but he's not letting that be all he's known for. This class has their issues but they're gonna be impressive."

"Who do you think will be the 1/5 who fails?" Callie asks.

Angela yawns, taking a sip of her coffee, "Honestly? I don't know. Alex is using interns to study, Yang is in couples therapy and not studying but she's smart and quick, Grey is trying to earn your study plan, Avery and Kepner are studying together but Kepner also doesn't have as many surgeries to pull from lately. It's a toss up."

The ortho surgeons nods, "Yeah. Hey, can yo-"

The cardio surgeons pager goes off, "Yes! Alex is now my favorite brother! Oh, pregnant mother at 24 weeks having a heart attack. Gotta go."

"Full circle moment from when you first got here, huh?" Callie jokes, watching as Angela runs off.

"Hey, the last time I had to save a pregnant mother, it worked out pretty well, huh?"

♤♤♤♤

Running into Morgan's room, Angela gets right into it, "Okay, Morgan you had an acute MI from a spontaneous coronary artery dissection."

Morgan takes off her oxygen mask, "Are you kidding? I-I don't have any of the risk factors."

Angela gets her stethoscope on, "Yeah, it's most likely related to your pregnancy. We need to get you upstairs right now."

Arizona runs in, joining them, "Dr. Robbins, why are you here"

"We need to repair the dissection immediately," Angela tells her.

"My baby's fine, right? You said that my baby was fine?"

Angela tries to calm her, "Morgan, you need to listen to me."