Chapter 51: Switzerland

Season 10, Episode 22

Angela unpacks her and Everett's bag in Zurich, "Alright, Ev, we ready to surprise Aunt Cristina?"

"Yeah!" Everett yells, toddling towards his mom who swiftly takes him into her arms, "Unca Alec?"

He's still learning how to pronounce a lot of words. Alex has face-timed with them every single day to try and teach him how to say Uncle Alex, but it's still a work in progress, "Uncle Alex isn't here. Do you want to face-time him?"

Everett nods, "Yeah, yeah, yeah!"

Angela grabs her phone, clicking on her brother's contact before it rings, "Hey, you busy?"

"Not if you have my favorite little man there for me to talk too," Alex says, closing the door to what Angela can only assume is empty.

"Unca Alec!" Everett yells, taking the phone, "Hi!"

Alex's face lights up, "What's up, little man?! Are you causing trouble for your mom like I told you too?"

Everett giggles, "No. I'm good, Unca Alec."

"C'mon, bud. If I can't be there to annoy her, someone has to."

"Auntie Teddy is! She pushes mommy a lot. Like this," Everett then shows Alex by softly pushing Angela, who dramatically falls on to the bed, he laughs.

"I saw! Nice push! That doesn't look like your apartment. Where are you guys?"

Everett shrugs, "We flew!"

"Uh, Angie? Where are you guys? I swear if you're in Seattle and didn't tell me..."

Angela lifts Everett so he's sitting in her lap before taking the phone so Alex can see them both, "No, we're in Zurich. There's a cardio conference thing that Teddy wants me to attend and I heard Yang's here, so we're gonna surprise her."

"But you can't fly to Seattle to visit your brother. Just rude."

"How rude!" Everett says.

They'd been watching a lot of American sitcoms like Full House, Friends and The Nanny for fun. Everett's picked up a catchphrase or two.

"Say bye to Uncle Alex. He's gotta go save lives," Angela tells Everett, laughing as he wave's very hard.

"Bye Unca Alec!"

"It's Uncle Alex. Remember? Un-kuhl Al-iks. Try it again."

"Unca Alec!"

Alex hangs his head before nodding, "Sure. Love you."

"Love you!" They shout together before hanging up.

"Now, who want's to go surprise Aunt Cristina?"

"Me!" Everett raises his hand.

♤♤♤♤

Turns out, Cristina was already getting ready for her presentation so Angela dropped Everett off at a daycare before heading to listen to the presentation.

"Once we came up with a closed seeding system, we were able to speed the time between bone-marrow aspiration and graft implantation. Next."

"I have a question," A man's voice is head.

Looking over, Angela sees it's Preston Burke. The same surgeon that was engaged to Cristina and left her at the alter her intern year. 

"Yes."

"Does the difference in tensile strength between the patient's tissue and the bioprinted conduit increase the risk of turbulent flow at the anastomosis?"