Chapter 22: Interviews

Season 8, Episode 20

Angela finds Cristina filling out a chart, "So, how was Dallas?"

"Ugh, their head of program is an idiot. I could operate circles around him and not even break a sweat," Cristina groans, "I've decided they'll have to come to me if they really, truly want me."

"Yes!" Angela cheers.

"What? Are you gonna try and convince me to stay here now?" Cristina questions as they start walking for rounds.

"No," Angela laughs, shaking her head, "That's T's job as head of cardio. My job as your attending is to make sure you don't go to a stupid program like Dallas which is why I told you to not look there in the first place."

Cristina shrugs, "Fair enough. So, you don't want me to stay?"

Angela snorts, "That's not what I said. You, T, and I all working together as cardio attending's would be the best thing for this hospital. But you are you're own person meaning you get to make decisions for yourself. Don't mind me, the surgeon that helped you get here."

The resident glares at her teacher, "You are so manipulative sometimes."

"Aw, that was the sweetest thing you've ever said to me. Now, come on, we're in the ER for a bit today."

♤♤♤♤

Mark and Angela lay back on the on-call room beds, panting as Angela makes sure she's covered, "Why don't we do this here more?"

"Because we're usually busy saving lives. We had a free moment and took advantage," Mark tells her, leaning over to kiss her again.

As they continue to make-out, one of their pagers go off. Breaking apart to check, Angela hops up to get ready as it was her pager, "Damn, hiker found. They need a consult. Finish this later?"

"You bet."

She finishes getting ready before giving him a last kiss and meeting Callie on the way to the scan room. 

Callie looks at the x-rays, "Displace tibial fracture."

Angela joins her, finishing putting on her badge, "Rib fractures, too. Lungs look fine. How far did she fall?"

"Uh, don't know. Some hikers found her," Alex tells them.

Arizona comes in, "What is it, Karev?"

Alex starts explaining it to her, "Uh, Jane Doe, looks to be around 15 years old. Hunt wants you to take a look at her. Hey, any word back on my interviews?"

Angela's attention spikes at the mention of her brother's interviews, "Uh, yeah, working on it."

"The angle's off on this elbow," Callie notes, she pulls out a ruler and starts measuring as Angela watches.

"Uh, you can tell Hunt this isn't a peds case. She's an adult. The growth plates have closed."

Callie adds, "And tell him this elbow was broken a while ago. See the curve in her forearm and the periosteal reaction on her humerus? These are fractures that never healed right."

"Or were never treated," Angela shakes her head, "I've seen multiple injuries like this overseas. In patients who were tortured for days, months, years."

♤♤♤♤

Shaking her head, Angela tries to focus on the paperwork she has at the nurses station when a delivery is dropped off, "Delivery for Dr. Yang."

She reaches over and takes the card as the nurse tells her, "That's not for you."

"It's for my resident. She won't mind."