Chapter 28: Settlement?

Season 9, Episode 3

As she was carrying Mark's baby, Angela was invited to the meeting about a settlement with the plane company, "Derek Shepherd- multiple hand fractures with a median nerve injury. Arizona Robbins- open femur fracture with resultant above-knee amputation. Lexie Grey- deceased. Mark Sloan- deceased. This doesn't include extreme..." 

Angela looks down, willing the tears away. Ever since she hit her second trimester, her emotions were all over the place as the plane company's lawyer says, "We extend our deepest condolences-"

Derek interrupts him, "How is-how is the investigation going?"

"Have they found what caused the crash?" Meredith asks.

"The investigation could take years. That's why we want to help you put this tragedy behind you."

"I think you mean, your clients would like to put it behind them," Seattle Grace's lawyer says.

He just continues, "So I am authorized at this time to propose a onetime settlement. Bayview Aeronautics takes your loss seriously. Now the settlement agreement must be unanimous, and it releases Bayview Aeronautics from any and all other claims, known or unknown, but..." The paper gets slid over to Angela who barely glances at it, "It will allow you to put this painful time behind you and move on with your lives."

♤♤♤♤

Angela goes back to her apartment, which was Mark's, and grabs a box. She's been trying to pack at least one box a week but she's missed the last three weeks. It's just too hard. She's planning on keeping almost all of Mark's shirts as they will be great for sleep shirts and when she get's too big for her regular clothes, which is already starting to happen.

There's a knock on the door. Angela opens it, seeing Callie, "Arizona still not talking to you?"

"No," She sighs, throwing her pillow and blanket on the couch, "I was telling her about the money and she didn't even blink. How am I supposed to know what she thinks if she won't tell me?"

"I think, that for right now, you need to just let her come to terms with everything. It may have been a couple months now for you, for her it's not been enough. She's in limbo. I'll talk to her in a few days, see if my Karev charm will work on her. And if she tries throwing anything at me, I'll pull the pregnancy card."

♤♤♤♤

Stepping into the Attending's Lounge with a decaf coffee in her hand, she is startled to see Kepner back, "Uh, did I go back in time?"

"We think Hunt hired her back," Meredith tells her.

"It may have been Jesus," Alex comments before looking at the drink in his sisters hand, "You shouldn't be drinking coffee."

Angela glares at him, "Don't worry, it's decaf. But I am allowed one cup of coffee a day so back off."

Alex raises his hands in defeat, "Okay. Just want to make sure everything goes okay in this pregnancy. That is my niece or nephew in there. You missed Avery and Kepner's awkward reunion."

She snorts, "I'm sure."

♤♤♤♤

Seeing who her intern is, Angela groans, looking to Owen, "Can I please exchange interns? Anybody but her."

Owen looks up, "What's wrong with Murphy?"

"What isn't wrong with Murphy? She tries to be all buddy-buddy with me because she's sleeping with my brother. It doesn't help that she does not leave my side no matter what!"