Chapter 44: War

Season 9, Episode 20

Angela rocks Everett as she walks around her apartment, talking to Alex, "I should ask Bailey to map me. I want to see if I have any of the markers for schizophrenia. I want to know if Everett will have a life like you that leads to shoplifting and other crimes my baby is too innocent to ever commit."

"Okay, I wouldn't have needed to shoplift if you'd not have gotten detention that day," Alex argues, flipping through the channels on Angela's TV.

"Still, I want to know if I'm gonna turn out like mom and if Everett will turn into," Angela fake shivers in fear, "You."

"Everett would be lucky to be like me, isn't that right buddy?" Alex stands up, taking his nephew, "Sure, I also didn't pass my boards, one sister abandoned me for the army and the other was almost killed by our schizophrenic brother, my dad bear me until he abandoned us and my mom is crazy, my wife left me in a note and now I have trouble committing to anyone....maybe he doesn't want to be like me," Alex shakes his head, handing Everett back to Angela.

Angela picks up her phone to email Bailey, "I'm gonna schedule a test with Bailey."

"Yeah, you should get that done as soon as possible."

♤♤♤♤

Angela stands with April, Owen, Webber, Callie and Arizona as they look through items they are giving the visiting doctors from Syria while April explains what they are, "Swag bags for the Syrians. Some, um, sweatshirts and baseball caps, post-its. Ooh, really cool penlights."

Arizona looks at the penlight as April clicks it on, "Ooh, those are nice."

"You're sending post-its to Syria?" Webber asks.

"Yeah, those aren't as important there as they apparently are to some people here," Angela comments, putting on a baseball cap, "Should I get one of these from the gift shop?"

Arizona shakes her head, "Mark had one that he left at Callie and I's apartment somewhere. You can have that one. These hats are so overpriced."

Owen looks to Webber, "Angie and I are working with Doctors Aid International. We've flown in two Syrian doctors. They're general practitioners, but now with the war, they've been recruited to staff the field hospitals. They're getting advanced trauma training with Seattle Pres, and they're here for a crash course in basic surgical skills."

Angela nods, picking up a list of surgeries they need to teach, "They need to learn how to surgeries quick and dirty."

Webber looks to Arizona, "They roped you in? Which must mean that..."

"Yeah," Arizona looks down, "Yeah, they're losing a lot of kids."

"Godspeed," Webber sighs.

"All right, let's get these with the boxes of supplies we're sending with them," Owen says.

"Ah, so Bailey got her genome thing funded. You two got this thing funded. I need to get my cartilage project bankrolled while we still got bank," Callie comments, leaving.

Edwards heads into the room, holding a chart out to Owen, "Dr. Hunt? Dr. Avery's recommendation on your burn patient."

As Owen looks over the recommendation, April waves Edwards over, "Um, have you rounded on Matthew Taylor yet? He was one of Avery's patients yesterday."

Edwards crosses her arms as she explains, "He was kept overnight for observations, they were worried about a concussion. He'll probably leave this afternoon. I think his mom's coming to get him."