eight

·  ·  ·  · ✦ 1/2

It's Monday.

Hoseok's butt felt better and he didn't feel buzzed or numb anymore. He's sitting at his desk, fiddling with his pencil. June never replied to any of Hoseok's text messages. He's been either left on delivered or on read. It was annoying him a lot.

"Hoseok? Are you okay?"

Hoseok looked up from his desk, fluttering his eyes. "I'm fine. Thanks."

Namjoon curls his brows. "Are you sure? I..It seems like you're mad about somethi—"

"I'm fine, Namjoon." Hoseok interrupts, looking away to the classroom. "Just get on your phone or something. It's none of your business."

Namjoon face went straight, raising a brow.

God, he's so noisy. I wish he would lea—

A sudden hand was placed on top of his.
Hoseok blinks and looks down at their hands. He knits his brows and looks up for who had his hand right on his. It's Namjoon's hand. Wait. It's..the tattoo on the forearm. No, it's June's hand. Hoseok knits his brows from his thoughts and makes eye contact with him.

His heart immediately drops, eyes widening.

Namjoon's looking right at him. His glasses are off, a stare deepening in his soul. He could see June in those sharp eyes of his.

"Y-You."

Namjoon curls up a smirk, gripping his hand. "Me." His voice went deep, his natural deep.

Hoseok quickly got up from his desk but was immediately grabbed by the arm and pulled him back down to his desk. Hoseok froze in his spot, his heart beating ten times faster than it was before. All the color drained from his face.

Namjoon pulled his sleeve back down, keeping his hold on the male's arm. He picks up his glasses and puts them back on, looking at the students as he slowly leans up to Hoseok's ear.

"We'll talk after class. Boy's locker room, hm?" Namjoon whispers to him.

Hoseok shivers, closing his eyes. He wanted to be pissed, he really really does. But he just couldn't. He feels the tension that he likes again..now coming from Namjoon instead of this so-called June.
Namjoon let's go of his arm, softly sighing.

The bell finally rung.

Hoseok quickly got up and left the classroom. Namjoon just chuckles at the moment and follows him, going through the halls and straight to the boy's locker room. Namjoon closes the door and locks it, taking off his glasses and putting them in his pocket. Hoseok fiddles with his hands, feeling like he's already making mistakes. A big one.

"I know you're upset."

"You fucking asshole." Hoseok spoke, turning around to face him. "I knew something was up with you. I knew that tattoo of yours was familiar!"

"Calm down." Namjoon slowly walks up to him.

"No! I-I was so fucking blind that I didn't even realize that it was you!" He backs up. "That y-you've been fucking me and not that random ass guy!"

"Hoseok."

"Don't you dare say my fucking name!" Hoseok yells.

The taller lowers his eyes.

"I-I mean, why didn't you tell me from the start? Why couldn't you do that simple thing!? Wh-Why did you have to lie to me!?"

"Because I hate myself, alright!?" Namjoon finally spoke up.

Hoseok curls his brows. "Wh..What?"

Namjoon sighs. "I lied because I wanted people to see me like that, only. I've been wanting to tell you ever since we hooked up at your party. But I knew you would say something to Taehyung. About me."

Hoseok stares at him.

"I lied because of who I was at my old school. I was a drinker, a smoker, all of the above of that shit. I didn't want to be popular because I was a party type of guy. All the fame in that school that I had..almost killed me sick. I couldn't take it anymore and ended up in a hospital."

Hoseok slowly sits down on the bench.

Namjoon walks up to him, curling his brows and kneeling down to face him. "When I first went to your party, I only went to see you."

"Liar." Hoseok mumbles.

"I'm not lying this time, Hoseok." Namjoon reaches up to place his hands on top of his. "I'm being honest with you. The most honest I ever been to anyone else."

"I'm so fucking blind..."

"Look at me, Hoseok."

Hoseok slowly looks at him.

"I only changed because of this school and other students. I wanted at least one person to know who I really was, and I chose you for a reason."

"What reason is that?" Hoseok crossed his arms.

"Because I like you."

Hoseok knits his brows. "What?"

꧁꧂ ꧁꧂