twenty two

·  ·  ·  · ✦

"Hoseok."

Hoseok continued to fold his clothes fast and wouldn't stop. He's been silent since Jeongguk and him talked..that terrifying talk. And it's almost midnight. He was getting scared, nervous..panicking. He didn't know how he was really feeling right now.

"Baby." Namjoon placed his soft hands on Hoseok's shoulders.

Hoseok immediately jumped and quickly moved away from him, knocking down his stack of clothing. His eyes widen from he sudden touch and realized that it was only Namjoon who touched him, slightly relaxing.

"What's going on with you?" The taller curls his brows. "You're tensing up really bad."

Hoseok gulps and looks away. "I-It's nothing."

"Babe, talk to me—"

"St-Stop calling me that!" Hoseok suddenly shouts at him. "We-we're not dating!"

Namjoon blinks at his shout. Right. We aren't... "What's gotten into you? What did Jeongguk do?"

"Can..can we talk later? G-Get along with Tae or something—please?"

"I'm not leaving until we talk."

"Please, Namjoon." Hoseok begs.

Namjoon flutters his eyes. "I..I don't want to leave you. Even if you need me to."

Hoseok stares at him with teary eyes. He didn't know how to feel with those words. He just drops to the floor, panicking Namjoon that made him go right to the floor too.

"Hoseok!" Namjoon cups the male's face, a worried expression across his face. "Hoseok, what's wrong? Please tell me, really."

Hoseok sniffs, shaking his head. "I-I can't."

"What did Jeongguk do to you?"

Hoseok takes off Namjoon's hands and shakes his head. "No..."

"Hoseok." Namjoon reaches to hold his hands. "If you can't talk to me, I'll call Taehyung if you rather him."

Hoseok shakes his head. "N-No Tae."

"Then tell me." He rubs the top of his hands. "Slowly breathe through your words, tell me what you rather tell me than the whole thing. Just..take your time to think about it."

Hoseok closed his eyes tight, gripping Namjoon's hands. Namjoon holds his hands tight, caressing the top with his thumb. He wanted Hoseok to breathe, slow breaths. He hated how he wouldn't tell him, but Namjoon just wants to help him.

Namjoon wanted to pull him into a hug but didn't. He knows something messed up Hoseok when he was with Jeongguk. He just stayed silent to let Hoseok breathe.

"H-He got mad at me because I-I wouldn't hook up with him anymore..." Hoseok confesses out, sniffing. "He..showed his anger in front of me by p-punching the locker..really hard." He shakily sighs. "And..h-he wants to have sex with me..tonight."

Namjoon tightens his jaw from what Hoseok said. He threatened him. No. He forced him. I'm not letting this happen. Fuck no. He won't stand in this bedroom. Not ever. Not on my fucking watch.

"N-Namjoon, I..I knew his aggression will come out of him..." Hoseok looks up at him with tears in his eyes. "I-It's my fault by just avoiding him."

Namjoon gets a little closer, holding his hands tight again. "I won't let him hurt you, Hoseok."

"H-He can't know that it's you." Hoseok let's go of his hands and reaches up to Namjoon's chest. "Please, just..l-let it happen. I'll be okay."

"No. I don't want him to hurt you. I don't want him to touch you at all."

"N-Namjoon, no! H-he'll find out who you are!"

"I don't care when it comes to you." Namjoon places his hands on his shoulders. "He doesn't need a good time from you—he doesn't deserve you."

"Namjoon..."

Namjoon cups the male's face. "I will never let him near you. He doesn't appreciate you like I do. He only fucks you because of your body. I have sex with you because of who you are. Your amazing personality, your beautiful eyes, nose, lips, your wonderful smile, the way you're happy to wake up beside me instead of alone, how you mess with your hair..everything about you, even your crying is pretty. His is just plain out meaningless."

Hoseok stares at him.
His heart dropped from his words, throbbing badly from how he felt. Does he..really mean all of that? He felt tears fall down his own eyes, continuing to stare at the taller male who's looking at him all worried.

Namjoon meant what he said. He feels embarrassed by saying all of it but he couldn't resist saying those words to him. It came out from his heart and he couldn't help it. He needed to tell him without saying those three words. Not yet.

"I want you to feel good, not feel shitty." Namjoon lifts his hand up to softly wipe Hoseok's tear away. "So please..don't let that happen to you."

"N-Namjoon..."

"Yeah?"

"D..do you..r-really mean by that...?"

Namjoon gulps, then nodding. "Yeah..I do. I really mean it all."

꧁꧂ ꧁꧂