fourty one

·  ·  ·  · ✦

Hoseok couldn't sleep.

He's currently facing the wall, having arms wrapped around his waist. Namjoon was peacefully asleep, snuggling Hoseok from behind. Hoseok just..couldn't get it out of his head. He felt like his mindset crashed down into one thought. Jeongguk's knees shattered, tied by duck tape, mouth taped shut..the paper in bad writing saying he's a rapist...

Hoseok felt his jaw shake, closing his eyes tight. His head hurts, begging himself not to cry. Namjoon was completely asleep, not feeling Hoseok's body shake. Hoseok covered his eyes, clenching his jaw. Calm down, Hoseok..please calm down... He begs himself.

Namjoon doesn't know that Hoseok knows now. He tried to keep it to himself. He's trying so bad to do it. But the gut feeling about the situation he has, has something to do with Namjoon. He doesn't want to think that way but..by how he acted when he came home, it's now becoming very odd.

Hoseok shakily exhales. He felt like he's having an easy panic attack. Hoseok gets himself to sit up, carefully sliding the taller's arms off him and getting off the bed. He walks over to the exit, going straight to the bathroom. He turns on the light and placed his hands on the sink.

Calm down Hoseok. Stop assuming. Please calm down! Calm the fuck down! He kept begging himself, shakily lowering down to the floor. He grips the shirt he's wearing on his chest, trying his best to stay calm with the whole situation. He hopes Namjoon doesn't wake up by just being absent from the bed.

Sadly, his hopes didn't come true.

Namjoon softly knocks on the door. "Hoseok?"

Hoseok quickly wiped his eyes. He gulps hard, trying to calm himself down more since Namjoon knows he's awake now. "I'm-I'm okay, Namjoon." Hoseok tried his best to say it in a calm tone.

"Hoseok." Namjoon put his hand on the door, brows curled. "Can I open the door?"

"No..."

Namjoon blinks. "What's wrong? Did you have a bad dream again?"

"Yes..." He lies.

"Let me come in."

Hoseok slides his knees up to his chest, hugging his legs as he sniffs. He doesn't know if he should let him in the bathroom. His thoughts are probably wrong by how he saw Namjoon about the whole Jeongguk thing. His thoughts are maybe wrong about him..he really hopes though.

"The door's unlocked..." Hoseok says.

Namjoon twists the doorknob and opens the door. He sees him with his brows curled. He kneels down to him. "Do you want to talk about it?" He softly asks.

Hoseok stares at him. Namjoon's so confusing to understand. He's healthy with his words but..in reality, he's toxic. Very toxic. He's controlling in a way that Hoseok doesn't seem to see it. Namjoon was hiding something for sure. The way his personality changes..Hoseok couldn't understand him anymore.

"Hoseok?"

"I don't know..." Hoseok lowers his head and rests his chin on his knee.

"Was it..about him?" Namjoon nervously asks.

Remembering that picture almost broke him again, closing his eyes tight. "N-No..."

His thoughts were so messed up that he just doesn't want to say anything about it. Namjoon lifts his hand up to Hoseok's head, softly starting to pet him. Namjoon didn't really know what to do to help him out. He can tell Hoseok doesn't want physical touch right now, but Namjoon doesn't really know what the issue really is.

"Do you need anything to calm down and relax?" Namjoon asks.

Hoseok shook his head, still looking away. "I-I'm fine."

"Come back to bed, okay?" Namjoon moves his hand away from his head. "A bathroom isn't really a comfortable place to sleep." He nervously chuckles.

Hoseok just nods, holding onto his own legs a little tighter. Namjoon sadly sighs, standing himself up from kneeling down. He turns around and leaves the bathroom, closing the door behind him. Hoseok looks up and watches him leave, brows curling up.

No. He's not sad at all from Namjoon leaving, he's sad because he can't even understand his own boyfriend anymore.

꧁꧂ ꧁꧂