twenty four

·  ·  ·  · ✦

Hoseok slowly walks into the school.

He could feel his anxiety rise up horribly through his spine. He's really hating it. He just wants to go home and be in Namjoon's arms. He wants to be held by no other than him. Just him. Nobody else.

"Hoseok."

Hoseok flinches, immediately hiding behind his book to cover himself for any impact.

"Whoa whoa, calm down. It's just me." Taehyung nervously chuckles.

Hoseok lowers the book down. "Oh..."

"You alright?" He asks.

"Tae, I want to go home."

"Why? What's wrong?" Taehyung's brows curled up.

"I-I can't say it here."

"Did Namjoon do anything to you?"

"No. Tae, he's been good to m—"

"Hobi."

Hoseok widen his eyes. He could feel their body heat from behind him. Taehyung or even Namjoon doesn't call Hoseok, Hobi. Only one person does..which is no other than Jeongguk..that's currently right behind him.

"What do you want Jeongguk?" Taehyung spoke up, crossing his arms.

"It's none of your business, Taehyung. I want to talk to Hobi." Jeongguk knits his brows. "Privately."

"Hoseok doesn't want to talk to you right now." Taehyung reaches over to softly grab Hoseok's wrist. "He has a lot of missing assignments that needs done. Don't you need your assignments done too?"

I could feel Jeongguk's anger rising. Hoseok scoots closer to Taehyung, still having his head lowered and gulping hard.

"I still need to talk to him."

"You can later. As of right now, we have school. C'mon Hoseok." Taehyung pulls his best friend with him, walking away from Jeongguk.

Jeongguk tightened his fists, close to flexing with all of his might getting higher and anger getting more scarier. Namjoon was watching in the distance. He saw Jeongguk's anger build up in that space he had in the halls.

Namjoon tightens his grip on the locker, closing his decent enough to not make the sound loud. I'll go psycho on his ass if he lands a hand on him. He lowers his eyes from looking at Jeongguk, walking away from his locker.

Hoseok washes his hands, wiping his hands on his pants. He sighs, looking at himself in the mirror. He looks like he hasn't slept for days, bags under his eyes and pale as hell. He didn't know what to do. Loss of sleep and overthinking isn't helping at all.

He hears the bathroom door swing open.

Hoseok closed his eyes tight, hoping it's not him. Please don't be him. Please don't be him—

"Hey babe."

Hoseok opens his eyes, looking at the mirror, then turns around. "Oh thank god." He places his hand on his chest. "It's just you."

"Damn right." Namjoon chuckles at himself. "I saw him trying to talk to you. I'm glad Taehyung was there for you."

"I didn't tell Tae about the whole Jeongguk issue yet. But he knows Jeongguk has bad attachment and anger issues." Hoseok says.

"You should tell him before things escalate, okay?"

Hoseok nods. "I will."

The taller nods. "I actually need to use the bathroom." He walks towards one of the stalls.

Hoseok chuckles. "Okay. I'll be leaving then."

"You go on and do that."

Hoseok chuckles again, walking towards the exit— until the door quickly swings open, making Hoseok quickly back up before he almost got hit by the door. His heart immediately dropped when he saw the person he didn't want to see.

"J-Jeongguk." He backs up.

"Finally I get to talk to you privately. Your friend's a real asshole these days." Jeongguk walks forward, locking the door before he does so.

That voice immediately made Namjoon jump on the toilet to not get caught. Jeongguk looks down right away to see if he sees any shoes, sitting back up to face Hoseok.

"You didn't answer your door last night. What excuse is it this time? Hm?" His brows knitted.

Hoseok's back hits the side of the stall like it's a wall. "Look, Jeongguk, I-I know you're upset—"

Jeongguk hits the stall that's beside Hoseok's head, scaring the poor male. "You fucking whore, I told you no excuses!"

"I-I wasn't tr-trying to make one! I-I'm sorry!" Hoseok shakes his words.

"You think your apologies mean something these days?"

"J-Jeongguk please. You-you know I don't want to do it anymore. B-but..you're also telling me that I-I can't choose."

Jeongguk grabs Hoseok's collar with both of his hands, lifting and slamming him on down on the stall wall, hard. "You don't get to choose!" Jeongguk yells. "With me, you don't get to fucking choo—"

Jeongguk was suddenly pulled off Hoseok and slammed down onto the hard wall by his front. An arm went on the back of Jeongguk's neck, pushing his head down with their strength. He grabbed Jeongguk's arm and twist it to his back, holding him down.

"Don't ever touch Hoseok ever again. I'll rip off your fucking spine with my own bare hands. If you touch him one more damn time, you'll fucking regret your decision." Namjoon whispers in a growl.

Jeongguk widen his eyes. "Who the fuck are you!?"

"I'll peel off your skin, rip off your nails, and use a bat to break your fucking kneecaps with no shame entering my fucking mind. Got that?"

"Get off me."

Namjoon lifts him up and hits him back down on the wall. "Answer me!"

"Jesus fuck! Alright!" Jeongguk yells. "I got it."

Namjoon let's go, pushing Jeongguk forward towards the exit and making him stumble. Jeongguk unlocks the door and leaves, leaving an angry Namjoon and a scared Hoseok.

Surprisingly, Jeongguk didn't see who it was.

꧁꧂ ꧁꧂