Chapter Four: Them (A4)

A day passed since all had happened. He is in his condominium standing at the veranda, watching the glimmering lights that human made. On the other side, a table with alcohol stood. He's drinking, he can't sleep.

Pulling his phone somewhere, he send another text to her. Greeting, worry, and feeling; he send them in a text form. 'Maybe she's tried and can't reply just yet.'

Waiting for her respond, nothing came. He put it on the table and switch it with the glass with alcohol.

Wind blows his hair, a majestic image if one could see. Spinning the liquid inside the glass before gulping some. He put it back the table and pulling his phone again.

He open it for any message but none. Spinning it in his hand, a habit he always do when bored. But today, for some reason, instead of bored he feel.. unsettling. He don't know the reason but his lover is not texting him back.

He stay awake until the sun rose. Spending his life like everyday and with a change, he goes to work. A formal attire he always had, hair brushing at the back, and his cars keys in his hand; he left.

While driving, his phone ring. Witnessing who call, he smile and pushed the answer call. But he didn't speak first, he wait for the other line to do it.

"..."

"..."

But both didn't answer. A long silent occur before the other line give up.

"You're mad, aren't you?"

"..." yet he refuse to answer.

"I knew it..."

And another silent moments follows...

"Hey come on, don't be mad" the other line said sadly...

Philip on the other hand is just smiling appreciating her voice... and waiting for the word he wanted to hear.

"You..." now her voice changed, he knows it.

"Okay fine!! I'm sorry!! It's not my fault I fell asleep the entire time!! Who's fall do you think I'm exhausted and tired!! Huh!!" She said shouting and a bit piss off, showing her boyish side.

Philip then chuckle loud enough for the other side to hear.

"You... you're really mean"

She is a prideful one who refuse to apologize to anyone, and Philip knows it. For someone who always wins her trials and client's cases, she accumulate much pride that even apology, she can't afford to gift. That's the reason why she is single all along, only Philip broke that pride of hers that begins their love story.

But another reason is, the way boys belittle her since childhood made her beat them up until they are sorry. It is rather... pleasing sound in her ears, to hear people with high pride beg and sorry. And thats how Philip is feeling right now. Tasting her own medicine, I know.

"Okay. So how are you?"

"I just arrive to our hotel and got time to call you. Aside when I overslept the plane, nothing much happened. And later, I'm going to deal with my business"

"Doing work now, huh?"

"Btw, I'm childish only to you"

"Seriously, are you bearing grudge or something"

"Ahuh to the point I dream about it"

"Hahaha~" he laugh

Her on the line, smile hearing his laughter. A music to her ears.

A knock came from her door so she cover the phone and answer "come in."

"We need to keep going soon"

"I see, get the preparation done and I'll be there"