Chapter Eight: Them (A8)

He slowly open his eyes, he see nothing but darkness. No light, no sound, no feeling, nothing. Even his own body, he can't see and feel it. He try looking at his own being but only his vision is working, no it's possible that it's not working too. Seeing nothing is one.

But he care no less in such thing as his curiosity towards this space vanished. All what in his none existing mind is vengeance. He wants them to punish in a way more justifiable, in his own.

As if time stop from that place, he waited. All he did was wait for who knows how long, hopping the ritual is successful. No, it did success but error occur without him knowing, a reason why him waiting.

The eerie feeling slowly pierced his being. Something is coming, or already came but just that he didn't notice. If ever he have his body, it may already covered in sweats. No, most plausible was that he already die.

The entity responsible in this unsettling feeling is no normal. It's beyond a normal from that race, he indeed messed something up, he realized.

Though, thanks to that thoughts, he can ensure more blood. It's either he can leave this place or be dead for sure, that's the only choice. But... he can't afford to lost no matter what. Because he no longer in right mind.

Not long, a huge eye open. It is dyed of in red and black; inside this black iris are four red rings in deeper shade of red as it goes deeper in the eyes. The iris slowly move rowards him. Looking at it, his soul waver and he started to get suffocate despite not breathing.

'Wha...' his mind voice out. Truly puzzle as to why.

It continue staring at him unmoving, he did the same even tho he felt like wanting to die, he don't want to lost. As they stare each other eyes, the eyes squint amuse to the life form in front. But Philip stood firm.

An unholy and unearthly voice of laughter shook the entire surrounding. This made Philip in greater pain more intense from before. His vision blurring in a glitching manner. His entire body is heavy and in pain he want to shred someone apart right now.

But even so, he didn't want to. He feel like playing in their hand that way. He is willing to play after he is finished in his. So forcing his nonexistential body up, he made another eye contact to the eye. Yet the laughter didn't stop.

Its clearly the sound of evil of all evils. He didn't know how to explain the voice but one thing is- he is a devil for sure.

A defying voice echo the space, with power and dignity in it, it spoke.

"What does the child want me to do?"

If ever the eye has a form of human, its plausible to see him grinning in playful manner while leaning in a wall and in cross arms. A devil who offers a poisonous apple to a hungry and starving beggar.

Philip may not know, feel, see, hear and all because of its presence; the eye could clearly see him in his human form taking a deep breaths that hardly entering its being. It squint yet again.

The non-existential Philip straightly looked at the eye, with eyes reflecting danger. His mind full of thoughts when he asked, he reply.

"You know what I wanted"

That answer made it more go intense in subtle manner. Mostly ecstatic.

"Indeed, this one knows. However child, you know I want something as a price"

"I'm aware. I'll give it up, as soon as the contract and what I must, be done"

The small soul in front of a large being full of malice and pure evil, with a small head it looked up the entire figure unshakable.

Not knowing anything, not minding anything; neither or either may be, it doesn't care nor need to think about it anymore; it's that kind of existence it is.

It smile for anything and answers.

"The contract has been made the moment you finished the must to open me. All need to be done is leave and do what you must."

"Then let me leave now"

"Kwha-kyahhawahaha!" It laugh joyfully in an awful manner.

It soon stop and a voice befitting a devil follows.

"Understand what ground your standing is, child."

"..."

"However, tasting blood for a while now, I don't mind. Tho have you to remember, after your must, bring their soul back to me."

"Simple"

"Bwakwahahiyahhaha...!" It continue to laugh.

"Then this one bid you farewell for now. Go enjoy! Hyahahawa..." it said as its voice and laughter together with its form diminished until it completely vanished in the space.

Philip left inside the darkness floating the never ending. He don't know how to get back but in instinct he do. Closing his vision off, the surrounding space change into something. Knowing its the way out, he focus more until he is inside the same familiar feeling.

Slowly opening his eyes, he found himself in the floor. His body collapse when the ritual succeeded. He blink a couple times before finally regaining the sense of reality. His body starts moving then.

Sitting up in a lotus position, where he find comfortable, he stretch a bit. This action cause his vision to caught a glimpse of his supposedly wounded wrist. Its no longer open, instead it's tightly closed like nothing happened.

He keeps staring that part when he notice something, mark. An unfinished mark that it is so small that its hard to see, its more like a vanishing tattoo. Its color is unknown as its so blended in the skin so well he hardly notice. He brush it off, his mind has been started to occupy by something more important.

Remembering what it told, he stood up cleaning up and all.

With all finished aside from few things, he grab the book and turn in the bathroom. With a lighter in his hand, he's about to set the book in flame.

Contacting the flame, the flame transfer in the book immediately. While burning the book, the fire transform in black color devouring the entire thing fast. Not long after, the book was burn, no ashes remains.

Watching the scene unfold, Philip didn't give a damn about it anymore, he is lazy to do so. And too busy thinking of how to deal with things.

Weeks after a certain someone's funeral, another day passed. And everyday, someone die; that's normal. Day after day, new life leave the world with different way of dying, among them are with the use of unique means.

No matter what they do, they can not escape; that's a fact. As days passed, his little festival started and nearing its end.