Chapter Eighteen: Them (B8)

Days passed, the unit of east has slowly gathered. From nine members: two major injuries, one is not capable to stay at the same profession, while the other can stay but he needs to rest for a long while; three wounded (minor); three safe; and one death. Of all the members only one died, he is the nicest of the group but first one to fall.

'Maybe it's for the best, war is not for his kind to be in...'

With a different mode, they are on the way to their camp. It has less noise than normal, even the vice who nags is quietly driving. Beside him is Vietcong leaning in the window with her elbow watching trees and the sky passed by.

She is affected from the lost but above all else, she is more concern from the other matter. The spy, she's able to locate who but she's afraid they are not alone that's why they let it live for a while. And since the commander already said he'll handle the others, Vietcong will watch it first before moving.

With a serious look, her pupil deepen. The vice captain saw it in the rearview mirror but stayed quiet as he avert his eyes to the road.

Its not long since they depart, and from the eight members, only six are going back. They, six, will received mission like always and soon be back at the front lines. As she watch her remaining members in the mirror, her mind think of something else. This made her frown.

Frowning down, the vice tap her. She was taken aback as she turn to him. He glance at her side ways for a moment then turn his eyes on the road.

"Don't stress yourself out. The answer will naturally come, just be patient."

Those words made her amazed, not because of its meaning but the one who spoke it. Amazed that this guy is capable...or trying to light up a mood?. Well he always did, but this time is something different.

She smile in her usual smirk, playful and cheeky. 'Maybe he's right, I'm accumulating stress from all things. Its doesn't sounds bad but..' her eyes once again stare at the mirror, to specific someone, glaring.

And thought, 'if I let my guard down... it will be bad.' She didn't realized it but her bloodlust has been leak for a matter of millisecond. Thankful that the individual target by the bloodlust didn't notice, only the one with in the front sit felt it- the driving individual. This made him shutter for a moment not daring to glace Vietcong or guess what's on her mind.

Hours later, the sleepy Vietcong senses presences, faint but multiple presence. She immediately glance where from the rearmirror naturally without looking suspicious. It is the same with the vice captain, glancing into his side.

Couple of shadows lurking at the dark, its not that noticeable but they are not simple as people think. Observing these shadows despite far, both high ranking individual closely watch. While at it, Vietcong glance at her direction, on the stop she notice the spy acting strange. She keep on glancing outside, fingers twitching, a habit she notice when she is excited. With the revelation, Vietcong's eyes change into deep shade of yellow and emotion intact changes too.

With constant speed, they notice presence not only at the back but also in the front now. Getting near the front troupe, of clearly enemy, other finally senses it- the intention to kill. Woke up from the situation, they all prepared for battle. Grabbing guns, knifes, grenades, and magazine; they stayed position.

Glancing the spy in the group, Vietcong notice she notice the present late. Judging from the situation, she's not a great spy to infiltrate them. So another chain of thought passed her mind, and a conclusion made her more distress. With no further ado, she grab her gun in front her and grab the knife in her waist. And let all the bloodlust flow out her.

The other members was startled from their captain did as suffocating aura flow inside the entire car. It soon die down, with her order for the entire group, they move in the vice captain's lead.

"Make sure they don't see all breath."

With the car increased in speed and dash towards the moving shadows, it crash in this people. With the fast crash that surprised the other side, the entire six member jump out the car and execute their missions.

Lights from rapid fire of the gun twinkle, lighting up the dark surrounding indicating both sides positions. And this battle, Vietcong watch her target. It move in agile manner not shooting any enemies but slowly approaching her subordinate. Squinting her eyes as frowning getting worst.

She sigh and become serious.

'Maybe she's the reason the other too die. It possible, hyenas are tend to be slippery. But, they don't match to lions...'

She jump from the high place she is, closely approach her and stab her on the arm. Shocked from the unexpected, she turn to her.

"Ca-captain!" She voiced out frighten at first but soon calm down, in the outside but not the inside.

Trying to be okay, she slowly back out. She know that the person in from her already know the deal. A reason why she's been stab. The emotionless face reflects emotion now, clear panic and fear painted in her face.

For three months, they had her. She's indeed is not normal but not to their level, she's pretty average and the weakest among her unit. But to rise in ranks within months less than a year with her ability, its clearly suspicious in Vietcong's eyes. She has eyes for individual's ability, thus raised suspicious from the start. With a confidential mission regarding spy, she thought as her first but now reviewing all her suspicions from the start, someone with ranks is involved. She need information.

"Now, let's stop playing. I play enough time to you so play mine. Who made you in?" Her usual calm voice turn to cold from her last sentence.

The individual in question only smile forcefully, sweat forming in her forehead from uneasiness. She's nervous and afraid, that's the fact. She slowly back away, in return she step forward in same pace.

"Ca-captain..." she tried thinking of any sort of way to convince her. Maybe some reason not to be killed or killed in a worse way. She watch Vietcong the entire time, and she is a monster in her eyes, they are all a monster she concluded. And she's the worse among them.

She didn't realized that her body is slowly shaking of her presence, her knees wanting to collapse. The same feeling earlier from the car oozed out Vietcong sending shiver in her spins, bloodlust-the feeling wanting to kill. Sensing it, she forcefully open her mouth to speak.

'Ca- captain! I- Im not- its not, its n-not me...!!!'

She try to say but her voice is not coming out, overwhelmed by her. Her entire body then shook more visibly, eyes getting wet from her feeling. She knew what is it, the feeling of fear, something she felt long ago. The same feeling is now creeping her, fear and helplessness, the same like her past. As she stare at her eyes, those same eyes that she seen as she kill her enemy give her that fear, the feeling everyone felt once their entire life, the fear of death.

Watching her cower away, Vietcong unsightly follow her steps by follow fronts. The answer never left her mouth, its useless to interrogate her and keep her and Vietcong knows it. With her actions, she is less but distraction and a cover to hide the main ones.

"No? No words? But yes, I don't bother listening to someone like you. Remember, you bought it yourself"

Not planning to listen and to her attempt to talk and she do, she cleanly speed up closing the gap between them fast. With a widen eyes, the other completely caught in surprised and tried backing away but failed. Before she can do anything, Vietcong cleanly slice her neck with a cold blade. With no intention of leaving her for any survival, she killed her in one strike.

Her body fall to hers, staying from that position the night with starts and not compete moon earlier is now covered in gray clouds. As their background: flashing lights from rapid fire and as a music, dark surroundings with shadows of dozen trees. The quiet night turn to a bloody party in mare seconds.

______________________
Hola, how you doing? Hope this chapter update at least lighten up a bad mood. Even tho is highly unlikely with a content like that, but let's just hope.

Btw, do I need to explain??

Enjoy.