Chapter Twelve: Them (B2)

The next day, she woke up a couple of hour before noon. With a headache due to hangover from drinking contest, she crawl in the bed for a while.

When she got into her feet, she starts to search for a water. She stop as someone came in her room. She stare that her and soon realized who, the same unit as her and her roommate.

She got this bag in her hand and organizing the goods from its place. Watching her for a while, she snap back to where she stop- water.

So she turn her eyes else where. With difficulty to find one, she grumble. The other inside heard it and sigh, and find her some.

She tap the haggard looking woman, in return she turn to face her and a water in plastic cup welcomes her. She smile immediately and grab the water gulping it down in one go.

"Ha.. never knew water taste this good. Thanks!"

"Ahuh" she said without looking as she gone back to her doings.

She scratch the back of her head. They are it again, both have this awkward atmosphere but only she feels it. The other party don't, obviously not bothered. Its been three months since she had her in the unit, a transfer to be exact. And in that three months, they become roommates.

"I... so, where did you got the water by the way? I looked around for a while now but discover nothing" she started.

"Its obvious you'll find nothing with this mess."

"Ack!" She jolt.

Yeah, she is right with this messy corner of her, its plausible not to discover what you need. And she is sensitive to this matter, as her mind started imagining her nagging mother with a broom ready to beat her up.

Well, that's why she organized her room 'before' but not after joining the militar, that is. She is force to clean in her own home while in this place not, so she went all out owning a room by herself. That changed three months ago, however. But she is thankful she don't nag like her mom but... isn't it strange to cut the room in half?

Thats how they reach an agreement for the room, basically she propose it and it is now happening. She is the type of organized person, the opposite of her. Like entirely in term of personality and action.

Nevertheless, this opposite duo live a peaceful life. Aside when she touch her stuff once and made it not organized, she'll get mad and she glare at her without speaking. Honestly, Viet is scared at her like that so after that incident, she swear not to cross the invisible line.

Back to them, Viet is sitting on her bed watching her slice apple, her usual routine of the day. That ended however when a call directly address to her sounded.

"Lieutenant Viet, report at the General's office right now. I repeat, Lieutenant Viet, report at the General's office right now."

With the call end, she grumble. Against her will, she dressed up in her uniform that she grab somewhere at the messed up corner. With the hat as the last step, she said goodbye to her roommate.

But before she can step outside the room, an incoming apple fly hitting her before it fell in her hand. Gazing at the fruit, she bite it and finally wave goodbye.

'I think of grabbing her a gift, she did a lot favors for me~'

She thought as she run to her destination. She finished the apple in hand first. Licking her lips, she entered.

Two new faces greets her as she enter, the general in his chair closed eyes. When she closed the door, he opened his eyes staring her figure. She on the other hand salute.

He nodded indicating its fine. So he stand up from his sit and spoke.

"Lieutenant Viet, they are the head in charge from other units. You'll see them often for the next mission, a collaboration with other units"

"Lieutenant Kahn of 31st unit of westward battalion. Lieutenant Ngoc of 12th unit of southward battalion."

She face them she she introduce herself.

"Lieutenant Viet of 16th unit of eastward battalion" and saluted.

The two saluted too to her. As the introduction was over, they dive in the discussion.

"An report from the north needs assistance from each four direct battalion. They are being pushed back and needed the 'should best unit of each ward' to turn the tides fast. But it will lead to some holes if ever something will happened. With the order that only the east will send their best unit from above, in order to maintain the balance. East as you know has less danger with that forest shielding the east from enemies thats why its sensible to send the east's. And–..."

"With all that settle, Lieutenant Viet, you and your unit will travel along with the following men up north for the next mission. It will commence two days from now."

After three hours of meeting, they are all dismissed.

Viet along with the two men exited the tent. With the information provided by their general, the other unit is in the camp now. So she followed them to meet their following vice captains and settling the plan until the morning over.

She gone back to her tent mid-lunch with a tray of food in hand. She decided to eat it in her room. Opening the tent, she found no one around, she shrugged and sit at the small table they had and started eating.

After eating, she lay in bed. Thinking about the upcoming mission, she didn't realized she fell asleep. She only woke up when her roommate shake her up until she come back to earth. With a yawn she sit in her bed.

"Yawn~ what's up?"

"I heard of the next mission. When do you plan to tell the other?"

"Ah... I'll tell them tonight. Just resting after the meeting with general and the units for the mission. Yawn~"

"Then get up, its already night"

"Wha...seriously?"

"Get up... the vice has returned"

Her sleepy mind suddenly woke up when she heard that. She grins from the good news.

Watching her, her roommate sigh with a shake in her head. But nonetheless, goes out to meet the others.

She on the other hand stretch her muscles then get to change to another clothes. After all, she leave the tent with a grin still plaster in her face and humming ♩~

________________
Sup~ its me.

Nothing just want to type something *°*

Edited: I remove the unnecessary. Forgot.