Chapter Nineteen: Them (B9)

As the bloody fight was over, all the member gather near the truck they rode. Some covered in blood, and Vietcong as one in her former subordinates blood, in a traitors' blood.

With the kid as the last to come, she looked all of them in the eyes. She is now sure, that only one in her team was a traitor.

"By the way Cap? We are short in one" the kid cover in glasses came while cleaning himself. He didn't see but out of the five members, three of them changed their expression.

With a best opportunity, she sigh inwardly and made decision fast. She'll reveal it to them, after all something big is clearly going on. For someone to turn their back to their country and act as their dog, in Vietcong's mind, that's something no less and ordinary someone will achieve. And their group is special, to throw someone inexperience-... no but someone lesser than they are, they are hiding among them.

"You all must heard the issue of spy not long ago, right? Well, she's one of many out there. We are lucky I say. Nevertheless, we'll be rushing back. Do remember to be careful, this is clearly ambush, they expect us to come. The spy within the group maybe gone but that doesn't change the fact she is not one. Who knows if they are watching us now."

"Prepare for the worst..." with that said, they march to their destination on foot and in other direction.

They are near the camp when the failed ambush happened, so it take them only minutes. And those time, they survey the surrounding for enemy and topography, any information to be used.

"1, 2, 3.... 16. Sixteen soldiers stations around the vicinity. No visible attack yet."

Vietcong, "Hmm... no attacked? What do you all thinks?"

"They are on the current process of attacking"

Vietcong, "do explain vice."

"While investigating, we are not the only ones here. Some tracks are left by these people but only that they are in higher place than us. And with their movement, they are slowly approaching the camp in numbers"

Vietcong,"I see, anymore to add"

"Cap! They attacked!"

Vice, "Kid keep your voice down."

"Tsk! Handle as much as you could, scatter in different directions on attack. Move!"

With a fast movement, they all disappeared in different directions.

The leader of the group, on the other hand, gone the camp's direction. She knew some answer and with the paper the vice captain gave her before they separated, she's now certain. With a hand gun and pocket knife in both hands, she dashed concealing her movements.

The sounds of guns and bomb echo, she found herself inside the main camp, the general's. But to her luck, no one is inside. Thinking what to do, she notice an unusual paper on top the table. Something she never seen before the general's office, she gently flip the paper over and it shows one words.

<Surprise!>

She immediately move and loud defying explosion activated. With a huge boom, the entire teny was sent flying and damaging other tend.

Far from the scene, every member turn to one direction. The vice's eyes widen from realization. And so he dashed toward the scene. Some others too do so, finishing the task they are given.

On the scene, soldiers clamour from the explosion. Noticing its their general's tent they want to rush but they are busy from the enemy's attack. And with willpower decreasing, they are being pushed back.

*

Vietcong kick the cover of the vent-like-structure she hides in. It is a secret compartment of the general she notice for the long run going in and out the same room. This is the place where the general store important information and things, a secure place that undiscover yet.