Chapter Thirty-Two: Them (D5)

Karma of living, storm is coming...

Splattering of the rain sounded from outside. The storm invades the land and made the ocean go wild, waves grew bigger, winds went on rampage, and thunders to descend.

As time passed, they grew fiercer. Destroying houses, trees, and the living in both lands and seas.

"Faster!" I shouted loud.

With a black raincoat enveloping my whole body, that's long wet from this storm, I urge them. For hours now, we are evacuating people mainly at sea and high mountains for potential landslide and strong waves. No, its already happening, faster than we thoughts.

All leaders of the land, and islands are surely are evacuating citizens away the land for erosion and at the seashore. I'm here at one of the locations with higher people, unfortunately it is also one of the higher potential risk.

"Ah!" I immediately looked where the sound from and see a kid on the ground. The umbrella she hold then blown by the wind. I think the wind pushed her, make sense, its so strong to blew away a child.

Immediately gone to aid her, she's forcing not cry, barely crying.

"No, its okay. You can do it-! I mean, does it hurt?"

I asked a bit panic, I need to see how others at the other side.

The kid shook her head. That made me relief.

"Good."

So I remove my raincoat and dress her to it. With the last button, I face her.

"Follow the others, make sure not to left behind okay?"

I had no time to asked where her parents are so I told her to follow the crowd in their way. Thankfully she nodded with out question.

"Go"

I gently pushed her to them. She looked back to me, looking at me in the eyes, she bowed and run through them.

Ah I forgot to say to make sure not run, its slippery with the wet ground is. But hopefully they arrive safely.

Minutes later, the lines of people came to a stop. I check the road they previously from for any one and no sign has found.

Hopefully no one was left.

Turning back to somewhere else again, it will the third location for this time.

Abide the rain, I felt no cold despite being drench in the rain. I'm too worried for the evacuation and my people. Anxiety rises as time goes. I walk to another location where the furthers resides. They are inhabitants of high mountains rich in trees that erosion is rare, but still dangerous if this storm continues.

Also, the most bothering one is the bridge. The hanging metal bridge that connecting the mountains. Before people reach that village, they need to passed by the edge of the mountain which is full of rocks. Its dangerous to cross the mountain using the way below, thus my ancestors made a hanging bridge as a substitute.

Instead of rock, it felt like a cliff. Standing at the bridge that foreigner developed, I subconsciously looked down. High, foggy, and clearly dangerous looking end will awaits for whomever fall.

I gulp...!

No, Seychelles get yourself together. I need to issue for immediate evacuate to that place.

I walk-run to the bridge in a hurry, but I made sure to hold at the edge. Though, it's nice to see a bridge not being swayed by this strong wild winds.

My hair that so wet are being blown by the winds and now covering my way. I grab it and tie it with anything I see. I found a string attached the side of the bridge at it forcefully dances with the winds.