Chapter Sixteen: Them (B6)

In dark disguise, group of people smoothly blend within the dark. Far from them, are a camp full of light. As expected to an advance country with money.

Slowly moving, Vietcong signal others to move. First from the right then left, then at the back. Only the front left, she slipped at the dark corners avoiding detections. She command the others at her back to follow with a sign in her hand. The other in each side was also given an order for a stand by to detect any enemy in vacinity.

Two soldiers came, patrolling the side near them and with fast move, a kid jump twisting the other's neck and was followed by a another. As both body collapse, they quickly pull the body to hide. They sign 'its all clear' so the other in charge of infiltrating started moving.

Vietcong at the center with the other two, looked left and right for the prison's where about. 'According to the information: far left.' Not soon after, they located which place it is.

With no key in hand, they destroyed the lock to set them free. Slowly and one by one, with the assistance of others, the prisoner are being set free to a tunnel.

Vietcong on the other hand quickly scanning their uniforms for a certain name. But discover no one as her target. She order the other two to proceed as she will check the other cells.

Three cells in total but she discover no one. A tap in her back signal that all prisoners has safely evacuated. She nodded as order them to retreat. For the last time, she quickly check the room for any other room but to nothing. With a frown in her face, she fled the scene.

Outside the prison, she order a complete withdrawal and they followed. She and her same unit are left to guard. And to check other places. Two is enough as they are not best for nothing.

She order him to check on her as she roam other placed. Disguised as the enemy, she made sure to look not suspicious while tacking her hair inside the hat. She lower her hat to avoid noticing her complete face. And begin roaming around.

Places to places she go, her only subordinate in the vicinity, too, closely watch her with binoculars in his hand. Watching her and her surroundings for any suspicions. And all around, she failed to discover her target and retreated. On the process however, someone caught her and she quickly made him unconscious.

But she didn't expect that he pushed an alarm alarming the other. With her best ability she escape. Both escape away from other units exit route to avoid their discovery.

Hours later until they found their own way back to a familiar road, Vietcong bury the outfit to avoid further detection and changing back to her usual uniform. The long road ended and they are back to the camp, at sunset that day. Of all the units deployed, only the rescue team found their way back.

No news has ever known from the others but they are not worried, they'll be living those area for days after all. With her return, she immediately reported her discovery: the target are not among the prisoner of that place.

With the commander questionimg her again and again looking for answers and so, they talk quite a while. The commander lean his back on the chair after she answer all the question. And so, some suspicions arises.

He knew the Lieutenant in front doesn't lie to him from his observations for her actions. And she is loyal one.

With a conclusion he think, he ask her.

"What do you think?" Now he asked it in a sincere manner but with authoritative same voice.

"One, wrong information. Two, he has been transferred after the rescue mission. Last, some purposely did so."

"Indeed. So then..."

"That matter of spy is highly possible. And if either of the three then... Its too much of a coincidence to transfer the target just before the rescue, thus its not to be included. With this, its confirm the matter of spy in our side. No, a traitor in our country."

The commander's eyes darken from that remarks. He is not angry to her but the thoughts of a traitor for their own country, its the same as selling them out. He clench his arms tight, bitter for that.

"Get some proper report. Let no one knows about this matter, I'll handle it myself. And turn over the report as soon as possible. Dismissed."

He order with a grim and angry face. The expressionless Vietcong salute and leave after. Outside she breath out, the tension she felt disappeared and replaced by fresh air. She inhales.

Someone waiting outside seen her do so and hesitate a bit. But after arguing what to do, he soon greets her.

"Cap! What's up?" He asked clearly want to know what happened plaster on his faced.

"The others?"

"None just yet. They'll not be back for days."

"I see. About what happened, its confidential."

"I see, so its serious problem"

"Smart. But let no one know.

"Sure~"

"See you later, I bet we'll get another mission soon"

"Roger that Cap!"

She nodded and gone away the girls tent. There, she quickly rummaged the bag. As she is searching something, her face turn to grim one. She sigh but inwardly curse.

She fix her messed and slam her face at the bed. Thinking deeply, she suddenly remember the gift. With all things happening, its not possible to give her something. So instead she think of a gift to craft with her hand. She smile as confirmation what perfect gift to give.

So thinking, she quickly wrote a detail report from the mission and passed it over the commander hours later they came. She gone back the camp with a new order, so exhausted from the news she slept.

She wake up soon after, with just a quick nap, she started collecting the ingredients for her gift crafting. Visiting other site for something, she gathered all what she needed early morning after. So she plan to start it tomorrow and fall asleep.

She woke up at 0700, started to do the thing. Her only unit member in the camp came with trays of food in his hand. He offer and she happily accepted, together they ate their breakfast.

After the meal, they place the tray at the corner and she started to resume her work.

"What are you doing, Cap?"

"Hmm? Oh, just a gift. A surprised gift" she smirk like evil, eyes on her work answering.

Him on the other hand saw it, a chill passed him. He thinks for a while, arguing if its a prank or for real trouble. But stop thinking at the end with conclusion 'she's the captain, she knows what she's doing.'

So after chatting for a while, about random things and the mission she got yesterday. She explain in detail that the rescue team will be helping the medics for a while as to see how the battle are. They will immediately toast to the battle at the most critical but capable of saving area.

She also asked him to deliver the mission at the rest of the rescue member as she's busy. He accepted the job but said he'll do it later. Not minding when, she agreed.

And with the boredom hitting him as all he could was watch her do her thing after the chatting, he bid farewell to announce the others their mission and to find something or someone entertaining.

But she didn't said anything about her own mission, "find the spy and immediately capture. If not, eliminate."
________________________
Sup! Yea, I know this chapter is fast but eh... I need to finished hers' so I need a fast paced story. Climax and end is near.

Have a nice day for all of you~