Chapter Fourteen: Them (B4)

After the meal, most of them are minding their own business but over all they are noisy and not listening.

In front these people, the vice captain keep trying to maintain his composure. But it snapped when the most annoying kid with his loud voice echo.

He stand, grab the water in the cup he never touched, and pour it on the ground.

"Now, you're finished. Get lost"

All the members watch, and most are interested to how this will end. This is a common circumstances that they are used to it, only that when they clash words, it gets exciting.

On the right, the all mighty vice captain. Mother figure, responsible, handsome but serious natured. With a stunning achievement that bring him to his current position.

On the left, the genius annoying brat with loud voice. Not only kid but indeed a kid, his family hopes he will be disciple in this place that is why they dump him to the military hoping for his annoying character to alter.

Fight!

But not really...

The kid just kissed him in the cheek by standing in the wooden long chair so fast that the vice captain caught off guard. The others are shocked they stop moving for a moment.

"Bwhahahaha! Wha f*ck was that!"

A laughter however cut the silent. Followed by others laughing and giggling.

"The vice captain become a statue!"

One said as their vice is frozen still. But they don't care as they laugh.

The culprit behind it all is with someone furthest from the vice member. He quickly run at the opposite side of the table. A preparation for what soon to come.

The vice on the other hand started to move, his lips first as it keeps murdering something. It gets louder and louder until the nearest person hears it.

"And your dead"

She said smirking at the kid behind the tallest and most well build of the group, hiding.

The vice captain shouted something and quickly chase after him. He too quickly shield himself by turning the the big guys' shoulders side ways deflecting the attack.

With many twist and turn, both individual keeps chasing each other who knows where to. The audience left with nothing to watch. And so, another noise started.

"So, Vice captain left. Seems you need to do the job"

Vietcong's roommate said. She thinks for a while before agreeing to her.

She stand up, gaining their attention.

"Ahem, since vice cap needed to do something important, I will be announcing the next mission"

"What?! A mission?! Already?!"

"Aww"

"Stop reacting now and listen. It will start 2 days from now, so no need to panic. We still have time for freedom before it."

"Oh? Well, that's great"

She clear her voice before explaining the contents.

"We are task to go up north for assistant. The northward are being pushed back and north is next to west with the greatest location for defence we have. When enemy siezed it, it will be our great lost. That's why we are ordered, the best unit of the east, to assist the north and turn the tides up. Originally, the best of both west and south will joint too but its risky to left their area. We don't know what will happened."

"So they sent us because we are idle?"

"That's how you put it. But don't use idle, that sounds like we don't work at all"

"Right. Even though We. Are. Over. Working"

The man with black eye bugs said smiling. He's clearly not happy.

The sound of a single clap stop the uprising tension he cause as she spoke.

"To wrap this up, instead of the best unit, others will participate instead. They may not be the best but they still have skills. We are traveling north with 31st unit of westward battalion and 12th unit of southward battalion, two days from now."

"Prepare before then. Any question?"

"Are they the reason why the cooks need to another plating earlier?"

"Oh, you're back. The vice captain?"

"Dunno. I lost him somewhere"

"I see. You really want some beating so much"

"Hehe~ not at all. I'm bored. And I just want to kiss his cheek, it shiny and all"

"Well then goodluck escaping for two days. Make sure you don't get much injury"

"Yes, Ma'am" he said with salute.

"So any sensible question?"

"How about things we need to pack? Any specifications?"

"Good. For any supply are allowed. And for all we need in the battle will be provided by the north. Just bring what you think you'll need. Any more?"

"None? Then dismissed."

And with that, the formal meeting ended. They start an informal as followed. Planning various things and sharing some knowledge about something. They also discuss for a prank for their vice captain.

But in the middle of discussion, coincidentally, its the kid's turn to suggest for idea when he came.

"Yes! I'm next. Why don't we dress him up in a maid out-!"

He was grabbed behind the neck that made him stop speaking. He slowly turn his head and it really is him.

"Hmm~ say that again punk"

"Sh*t!"

He struggle hard to find a way to be released but he was grabbed and forcefully pulled somewhere by the vice captain. The others prayed, rest in peace.

The night end peacefully as they part ways to their own tents. Vietcong and her roommate walk together.

Silence occupy the silence. 'Somehow, tonight its not that awkward silent I always feels. It would be nice like this,' she thought as she felt comfortable in her silence today.

'Maybe because of earlier?' She thought.

They chat longer than any conversation they ever had in three months. It turn out good unexpectedly to her. And she see her in new light. But this time, she is determined to buy her a gift.

She look up to see the sky with its countless displays. Starts twinkling bright as no clouds stop them shining.
______________________
Yup its short, what can I do? I'm short😅
But alas, the next chapter is long.

Have a nice day~