Chapter Six: Them (A6)

In a native hut on top of the hills, a family lives. At the top but not far from neighbors. And in between the hills below, some distance away them, is the town and the river for their source of water.

In front that house display the entire town surroundings by hills in different sizes. In between those hills, waterfalls break them apart. And following its path came rivers running to lagoons and swamps in different places.

What's fascinating is when its early morning and rainy days, fogs descends the land. White form dances below the hills before disappearing, not knowing where they go. Its cold breeze, its gently dances, and slow movements; its fascinating sight, something the young Philip enjoys.

Every morning of summer and rainy dusk, he climb on a the highest mountain where every places he feels exist while watching. That is the first passion he ever had as a kid, aside from playing. Playing is a natural activity a child would enjoy, but always climbing mountain just for a spectacular view is something a child could not usually do. Maybe he's just special, an early awakening towards arts and landscapes. Nevertheless, he has a genuinely interest for that place, that sight.

In a usual routine one morning, he happily hops on the way the mountain. His mood gone down when rustling sound came somewhere near, he locate where it came from until he see a moving shrubs.

Rustle, rustle, rustle. Its keep going. The young Philip only stood there, as a child with less experience in the world, he don't know what to do. All he did was stand, watching the shrubs to vomit someone, or something...

Then a sudden creature pop out in there, running towards his direction. He stumble in shock, but eventually calm down when he see its form. An animal with tabby form, long tail, four legs, and fluffy- an adult cat. It jump to Philip where he catch unexpectedly.

He laugh, raising the cat in hand who struggle for freedom. He place the cat in the lap and patting it gently to calm it down. A few pats after, it stop struggling and purr comfortable.

"What are you doing here? Why are you alone?"

He question the cat which answer him only in meows. But seeing the cat willing to answer, Philip laughs patting it more.

"Well, I'm going somewhere. But I can't leave you here? Why don't you come to me then?"

"Meow!"

"You wanna come?! That's nice. Someone, together!"

Gaining a new companion, he feels exited. He grab the cat in the lap and begin standing when another rustling came on the same shrubs the cat from.

He looked at the cat," you have a companion?" He asked.

Instead of meow, the cat jump his arms and hiss the shrubs. Looking confuse, he glance that direction.

Rustle!

Slowly, a pawn came front. Followed by another, and another part of its body but now its head.

"Oh? Is it your friend?"

He said once again to the cat in his side below but the cat hissed more intensely. It keeps staring the cat.

Black skin, tall, and pointy ears. Philip dont know what animal it is so he only guess what. Looking at the cat hiss means they are not friend, he thought.

'Oh! Then-''

"You're a dog!!" He shouted and pointed at the dog he called. Which switches its eyes to him.