Chapter Nine: Them (A9)

Outside a huge building consisting of hundreds of floors above ground. Strong, well concrete, and best foundations was used for this building whether its materials, the technique, or workers planning and completing it.

In his eyes and mind before, this building is something he never dream of building in his own but with incident happened, he don't mind making this fancy building kiss the ground. Philip stop staring at the high floored building and walks its entrance.

Looking at the shining glasses reflecting the suns ray from the outside, its clean like no dust want to taint it, embarrassed to do so. What a nice looking piece of human creation, too bad it will come down soon.

As the busy streets and busy people with coffees in hand, scarfs in neck, and proper attire busy themselves; a defying sound cut it down. The busy time stop for a moment, as on lookers put their attention into it.

The rain started, rain of shards to be exact. As shattering glasses from a window high above falls down. The on- lookers face who look above darken, in the middle of the raining shards, a body came crushing with a 'pluk' sound. Songs of chaos then erupts!

*

Turning the time minutes ago, Philip follows the same familiar path as he humm... He enter the elevator and he is all alone. He continue humming notes as he close his eyes and leaning in the mirror in the back.

Enjoying the last few days, he no longer regret anything, all he wanted was to become selfish this time. For this last time, he'll be more selfish than a devil is.

With a ting, he open his eyes as a smile form his lips. Exiting the elevator, walking the straight long wide path he always follow for a business for this nation's leader.

Step by step, his aura changes into something positive. He also greet some workers on the way, they do the same to him.

Reaching the last steps, he's in front of the designated place. Huge fancy and sturdy door. Painted in deep white with no pecks of dirt, something that made his face frown. But it didn't stay long and changed back into a smile.

Since the time he smile, he debated how to commit a crime inside his mind. Thinking things into a higher perspective and gruesome way, he smile in those thoughts. And at the end of his step before entering, he finally knows how to.

He begun knocking. Knock! Knock! Knock! Followed by his voice, "it's me."

"..." the other side is quiet but not long.

"Enter"

It permitted, a strong authoritative voice echoed.

He did as he told and entered. Opening the door, he was greet by bright light in the transparent glasses in far front. And before that glasses was tables and a nice looking chair in the center. There, he see him sitting while eyes watching him.

But the Filipino take back his eyesight fast at it roam around, the tall individual said nothing and watch every move he make. Despite coming in this office for many times, Philip cannot get used to its fancy yet simple design. It has a unique scene and atmosphere suitable for business. He move his feet from some place to another, exploring deeper in the office.

The never ending silence shatter when Philip started, "you sure are rich. Yup it is! Just look at this items, I bet its more than my average GDP." He sounded normal with a cheery attitude, a usual him- before. But its way normal that its abnormal.

The guy at the table squint his eyes searching for something in his expression and words. The serious looks stay the same, staring him close.

Philip continuously talk about random thing but most are the past. It slowly become dark, his words that is, so was the atmosphere around him.