13. tequila

013

013

The engrossed ambiance between Jungkook and Devora within the car was practically tangible to the other guys. Jungkook sat motionless in his seat — hardly ever speaking after what had happened between them.

It was as clear as ever to Jimin and Taehyung about his affections toward Devora. Though, it was a bit tough to decipher Devora's feelings.

They weren't too sure if she felt the same way Jungkook did, mostly because she gave all the guys the same reaction; gauche and reserved when applauded, and most importantly, she talked to each of them equal amounts of time.

She was sufficient in keeping her professional image when around Hoseok.

Taehyung tried adding Jungkook into their conversation during the drive, too.

He gave small responses, flitting away from the discussion.

Devora noticed it as well, not wanting to pelt him for answers, she just kept her conversation between Tae and Jimin. So as long as they seemed interested to hear her babble on.

Thankfully, the ride was coming to an end once she followed behind Hoseok into a large parking lot.

"Maybe we're too over-dressed for a bar, huh?" She looked over at Taehyung for a response.

He waved her comment off. "Nah, don't worry about it. The people here are cool, we know everyone here."

Devora murmured, "You guys must come often." She pulled into an empty parking spot smoothly.

After getting out of the car, they headed to where the conversation most festered.

Even being out with the guys in the parking lot, she can already sense their rampant excitement leaching from their bodies. Enthusiastic to eliminate the solemnity that they donned every day of the week.

Walking behind her car, she was stopped by another body that suddenly came from the left side of the parked car.

"Oh-" Devora reacted, catching herself from bumping into him, "Sorry, I thought you got off and joined the other guys." She looked up, seeing that it was Jungkook.

He gave a flat smile, almost embarrassed. "No, it's okay, I just wanted to say I was sorry... for y'know, distracting you at the light. I feel really bad."

Devora shook her head, putting her hands up. "Please, don't even worry about that. Actually, I got worried you were weirded out by me because you hardly ever talked on the way here." Her smile was affable, yet carried sheepishly.

"No, I wasn't weirded out at all. I actually liked it." Jungkook stammered, "W-Well not like that, I mean it was fine, I don't mind making eye contact with you."

Devora laughed, finding it absurd for Jungkook to be so flushed.

From an outside perspective, he was so tall and muscular, that his chest protruded through his clothing, even in the thickest pieces of material.