20. always here

020

020

Jungkook was aware that the point of the issues were all his fault.

He knew Devora hadn't a clue about the co-worker and how Sook filed a report. Still, he couldn't function correctly knowing he nearly had her fired.

He felt almost miffed — annoyed that he couldn't keep his hands to himself, he just had to rattle her up at work — for being overly childish in such an intricate environment.

It wasn't Devora's fault, but he wanted to keep himself away from her.

If he just stopped trying to make eye contact with her, or any contact at all for that matter, then it would be less of a nuisance for Devora.

Greatest of all, it wouldn't be a concern for Hoseok.

Displeased with going through this idea, yet he felt as though he had no other option.

Jungkook believed it was coherent.

He was just trying to think logically, he wanted Devora to keep her job without worrying she might be fired because of Jungkook and his incessant petulance.

Even as the day went on, he wouldn't make an effort to simply look at Devora. He was evasive to her in every possible shape and form — to what Jungkook thought was for the better.

"Decaf for you, right Yoongi?" Devora questioned, sitting the cup down in front of him.

"Yeah. Thanks, Dev." Grabbing the warm cup to keep his hands furnished.

Jungkook watched her do the same with Jimin, his heart leaping to his throat, anxiously. His rapid pulse was inexorable, her smile always left him incapacitated.

His deep-set eyes hedged to the opposite side of the room; wanting to look anywhere else, anywhere she wouldn't be.

"I got you the usual. Jk, a caramel macchiato." Her voice was delicate, eyes searching for that stunning expression he arrayed.

He gave her a simple nod, grabbing his cup, and sipping away at its contents.

His aloof behavior would surprise her, but he had been so distant with her for the past three days that it wouldn't send her into a state of shock anymore.

She decided not to push anything, stepping out from Hoseok's office to retrace her steps back to her desk.

But, no matter how much she tried to brush his actions off, the gaping hole within her chest ached, causing her to overthink. He'd been so distant to her ever since their mischief in the office four days ago.

He had been overly diplomatic, and prudent with the way he used her name and by the way his words rolled off his tongue, sagely thickening each time they made any kind of interaction. It was practically condescending.