21. agreeing to walk

021

021

Being at work was time-consuming, as well as it being a great excuse for her to forget about her void thoughts for a while.

But, when she got back home, it was like all she could think about was him.

There was a tearing gash in her chest that bellowed with guilt, ruefully blaming herself for Jungkook's absence.

Devora missed Jimin, talking to him those couple of days ago did help alleviate that stinging sensation.

Only for a moment — as soon as he walked away, the stinging spoiled her veins, swatted with aching disturbances once as before.

She didn't allow herself to complain. She still had Boseong.

Devora was grateful, chatting with Boseong was as easy as ever compared to how it would be when it comes to talking to other women. Trying to befriend girls was just too complicated at her job.

Some were curt, and rude when Devora attempted to chat with them.

It had been like that for her ever since high school. It wasn't much of a shock to Devora now, really.

Even a couple of women at the office would give her the side-eye.

"So now he just ignores you?" Boseong questioned, picking at the food with his chopsticks.

Devora shrugged, nodding. "Basically, but I just don't know why." Her nail tapped against the table, eyes darting around the break room.

"That's a little weird, are you sure something didn't happen to him? Maybe he's stressed, y'know?" Boseong tried to see it from Jungkook's point of view.

"See, that's what I thought, too." Said Devora. "But, after what Jimin told me, I just don't think it could be that."

"Well, what exactly did Jimin tell you?" His body hovered over the table, interested to know what was truly biting at Devora.

***

"When did you guys make this decision?" Hoseok asked, keeping his phone tight against his ear.

"Well, Jin brought it up first," Taehyung said through the phone. "Then, Namjoon and I agreed. Devora would make a great model on the runway."

Hobi was mystified.

He never saw it that way.

He envisioned Devora to be a designer, however, the more he pictured her on the runway with her dress, the more he became enticed with the vision in his head.

The corners of his heart-shaped lips matched into an encouraging smile. "You know what? Maybe she would be. Do you guys know what she will be wearing?"

He sighed, stumped. "No, and the show is next weekend. We figured maybe you had a suggestion?"

Hobi beamed, like a sun reflecting its vibrant rays through veiling clouds. "I have a perfect idea."

His fingers shuffled through the papers on his desk, pulling up Devora's sketch of the gown. The more he looked at it, the more in love he became with it.

It was dazzling, the sparkles cosigned with the black. It looked like the night sky seen on an open freeway at night, the glinting stars being the only source of light efficient enough to guide a clear path.

It was poofy at the bottom, like a wedding dress, all it was missing was the veil. Yet, it was the opposite of the chaste white color commonly seen at weddings.

Hoseok hung up the phone, calling for Devora's presence.

Almost instantaneously, she crowded her head through his doors upon his request.

"Do you know who I just got off the phone with?" He questioned, pointing behind him where his phone was.

Devora was unable to read the obscure look on his face, confused by his question.

She didn't have to forward any calls, how would she know the answer to that?

She had no idea Hoseok even got a phone call, they normally go to her first, then she sends them onto his line.

It was a trick question, wasn't it?

Hoseok let out a mischievous laugh watching her face turn into millions of doubtful expressions. "It was Taehyungie, he called me on my phone, I was just messing with you."

"Oh, yeah I totally knew that you were joking with me." Her smile was smug — artificial — acting as if she already knew the answer.

That made Hoseok giggle, his funny bone being tickled fairly easily. Or, he was just in an oddly good mood. Which was understandable, he had his show coming up soon and Devora could understand how euphoric he was.

"Just listen, he called me with quite big and changing news. He says you'd make a great model on the runway for next weekend." His smile was unfeigned.

Devora was taken aback, trying to process his words. "Wait, me? On the runway... for your show?" She repeated, eyes darting at her heels in thought.

"Yes, I thought it was an excellent idea!" Hoseok was blithe, open-minded to the idea. "I thought about what you could wear, and your design immediately came to mind! I think it would look amazing on you."

"W-wait, are you sure? You just came up with the idea, but what does Jin think about it? Shouldn't he be the one to decide?" Devora realized she was giving a list of excuses without even trying to.

"Jin is the one who brought this idea up, actually." Hobi explained, going back to his desk to get her sketch.

Her heart pounded against her chest, stunned by the thought of SeokJin agreeing to this.

He was the one who came up with this idea, meaning she should be thoroughly enthusiastic about this news.

"Jin said that I would make a good model for your runway show?" She watched him bring back the draft.

"Exactly that." He responded with a smile.

That sent Devora into a kaleidoscope of thoughts — some pessimistic and most positive.

She would be around many other designers and it would allow her to show her work off to the world.

But, how could she walk on a runway when she'd never even studied nor practiced how to do it?

Maybe when she was younger and would have her fashion shows in her bedroom with all the new clothes her mother made for her. Except, that would never amount to a real-life show.

"Hoseok, I'm thoroughly flattered but..." She paused, watching how his smile never faltered.

It made her rethink what she was going to say, his appearance was gratified with hope; never letting go of that tie on his graceful lips.

If she said no, he would probably never question her and allow her to decline to offer.

"But, I'll do it." She made her final decision, potent by his trusting enthusiasm.

'If they had doubts about me walking last minute, they would have never brought this up.' Devora said to keep her confident.

"I'm so glad you're agreeing to this, Dev." Hoseok was appreciative. "We'll make sure all the measurements on the dress are correct, and I'll let them know you agreed to do this."

Her knees unbuckled, releasing the tension that was building up from her fast decision-making.

Devora told herself that it would all go perfectly, she needed them to.

It was for Hoseok.

As well as for her success, too.

˚。⋆ ୨୧⋆。˚