31. new plans

031

031

Jungkook's apoplectic actions completely stunned Devora, pulling the attention of the people that were by the bar. Close enough to hear the chair drop.

The rest of the people minded their own business, having too much fun with the live music to discover the disturbance going on.

Devora noticed how his hands were now clutched into balled fists, he was unquestionably furious. But why, exactly?

What could agitate such a good-natured person?

He was composed, never once lost his temper — from what Devora had seen — yet, he stood there with his eyes narrowed, his pupils like black holes swallowing everything that would get in his way.

His knuckles were white from his strong clench, poking through his inked skin.

"Jungkook? What's going on?" She found the guts to ask, alarmed by his abstruse behavior, not wanting to get in the middle of things or touch him.

His tongue poked the inside of his cheek, looking in both directions of the place to find something.

Or someone.

"Jayce," He found who he was looking for, placing both his hands on the island table.

Devora decided it was best to stay quiet, she highly doubted her questions would be answered at that moment.

He seemed fed up, not wanting to talk.

She squeezed her hands together over her purse, chewing her lower lip as she watched everything unfold.

"What's up? Is everything all right?" His sleeves were now rolled up from the last time he was with them, sliding behind the bar to tend to Jungkook.

"Mika." Jungkook was curt when saying her name. "She needs to be fired." It was a demand.

His eyes turned to Mika who was pretending to seem busy at the far corner of the bar, averting any kind of eye contact.

Devora watched Jungkook's mannerisms when he spoke about Mika, looking at her with crowded eyebrows that pushed together, assessing her with his blazing scowl.

Jayce turned in Mika's direction, calling for her to join their discussion.

By that point, everybody was back to their own groups ignoring the vehement conversation happening a few feet away from them.

Devora watched deliberately.

Her head wanted to turn. Her brain was advising her that she needed to go back to the bathroom and scrounge for more harmony. But, her body stayed in place, wanting to know what went on while she was gone.

Fore-bonding over the defiance that leaked out of Jungkook's skin, emitting the atmosphere through his pores.

He was guarded.