The inbetween

Karl went to sleep that night with his time travel book under his pillow and his fiancées next to him.

Karl, who hadn't had a normal dream once since he started time travelling, wasn't confused when he was once again placed in the inbetween of so many different versions of himself, both from the future and the past.

He had made this place safe a while ago and all the wither roses turned into white tulips, which fitted a lot better with the general style the- no his castle had.

tracing the wall with his hand he wandered through the comforting palace, a place where he was safe and could rest, if only for a little bit.

He walked his usual route: from the enterance room to the small courtyard and into the big tower, there he would look over the endless void for a bit before continuing walking over a bridge back to the main part of his castle.

This day- or night- was like no other, however.

Entering the main part of the castle Karl immediatly saw something was different; where usually would be a door to his master bedroom now was a big open enterance to a big library.

Not just a library.

The library.

The void seemed to sing in his mind- getting louder with every step he took- urging him to go into the library get all the information he would need-

he would need to save the world.

Karl broke down- a mix of panic, sadness and also love- he couldn't quite understand his own emotions, but he did feel three embraces and then he realised why this whole experience had felt different than normally.

The void had let Wilbur and Schlatt watch, to make sure Karl wouldn't have to do this alone. The void had want to let the only two persons who could even come close to understanding him, understand him even a little better.

He didn't know if he wanted to be mad or thankful that the void did this for him.

He wanted to be mad, for breaking his privacy, showing other's his safe place where he could always go and be alone.

He wanted to be thankful, for the void trying to help him, have people finally understand a small bit of what he goes through.

Quackity and Sapnap always tried, but it was impossible for them to understand, even if they wanted to.

He decided to settle on thankful and relaxed a bit- maybe this was for the better.

~

When Wilbur and Schlatt woke up they were both shocked, they knew the void had obviously chosen Karl for a reason.

But seeing this made them understand.

Made them understand just for how much the void had chosen Karl.

And how much the void clearly did like Karl, as much as it puts Karls life in danger.

Slowly creeping up to the house he sat down and listened to Wilburs and Schlatt talking about the void.

He knew it wasn't gonna be happy about this, knowing that it wasn't the only supernaturalf form helping or manipulating humans.

This would make it very angry.

He stayed there to get more context behind the story.

This could help it, help them.

~

oh?