Breaking vines, poggers

(they/them pronouns for eret here)
I have a shit ton of tests so sorry for the slow updates!

Placing the last block of obsidian, Sam looked at his creation. It wasn't the best, but it would have to do for now. 

When Quackity and Wilbur had come up to him talking about how they wanted to make a prison for the egg Sam had been unsure, but they had convinced him. He understood why now. This egg was more powerful than he had thought.

He needed to take actual breaks between placing blocks, because if he accidently touched or broke the egg it took away half of his hearts.

It's strange how such a creature literally has so much power.

He had heard about the fact that it didn't seem to influence Tommy or Ranboo and the fact that it influenced Tubbo in a rather emotional way, instead of possession.

It didn't matter, though, the egg was secured now. Disconnected from it's vines in one of the strongest blocks. 

The room felt a lot emptier, also. with no extra presence there. Sam could feel the last bit of strange warmth that the presence of the egg gave go away and now he was really standing here, alone in an empty room.

He sighed and walked away, his sword it his right hand.

He did what they asked him to do, it's not his problem what happens from now on.

~

Wilbur and Quackity had visited the egg together after Sam came to them saying the job was done. 

When they saw that the egg was in a big cage now, they invited Tommy and Ranboo to help them break the vines around the server.

Eret helped them, too. Somehow the king had found them and was already carrying extra tools with him. they insisted that they did this alot, but the vines would grow back in a few days.

Wilbur still didn't quite trust the man, but he allowed them to help. 

Slowly they mined every block of the vines they could find, even all the way back in the room of the egg. 

They had spend days doing this, but they were almost done.

Tommy was about to mine the last bit of the vines when he suddenly fell back, an unknown force throwing him, quite literally, across the room.

Tommy felt his back hit something and felt the pain in his whole body.

then he blacked out. 

And later when they told Sam about this, Sam made a note to himself that maybe the fact that the egg didn't affect Tommy, made this happen.

He decided to never let the child come even close to the egg again.

~

"You have to stop blaming yourself, Wilbur." Schlatt said, an annoyed tone in his voice and Wilbur sighed and said, "It's my fault, though. I invited him and Ranboo. If I hadn't done that it would've been me, Quackity or Eret."

"You didn't know this was gonna happen."

"I should have expected something to happen with a supernatural force like this."

"You still thought Tommy and Ranboo were immune, you can't blame yourself for that."

"Shut up."

Schlatt laughed when Wilbur said that, ah the sweet taste of victory. Even if it was about something like this.

He looked to the man beside him and said, "Really, though, get some sleep. It's not gonna do something, sitting here blaming yourself."

Wilbur nodded and said, "Fine. Wake me up when Tommy wakes."

"I will."

And Wilbur left the room, leaving Schlatt alone in the room where they were sitting together.

~