Chapter 1: Thank You for Visiting and Come Back Soon

Today the sun was shining and no clouds were in the sky. In such brilliant weather, Jiang Xiao was admitted to Xingfushu Private Hospital.

Although it was a hospital, it felt more like a resort. The scenery was beautiful, the air was fresh, and every patient had their own room. The wards were beautiful, spacious, and luxurious. The doctors and nurses were professional and their speech was pleasant. If Jiang Xiao followed his previous habits, he'd give this private hospital a five-star review, no less than 500 words of glowing praise and encouragement, thanking them for their hospitality and promising to come back whenever he had the chance.

It was a pity that this costly private hospital with its excellent service and well-deserved reputation wasn't listed in any rating app. If not for a friend's introduction, Jiang Xiao probably wouldn't have been admitted regardless of money. And he wasn't likely to ever be a repeat customer. When he left this hospital, he'd go out horizontally.

Late stage leukemia, what bad luck.

Jiang Xiao was only thirty-three this year. When he got the lab results he didn't believe it, but the cancer didn't care about his feelings. He went to several hospitals and the results were all the same.

He had six months left, at most.

Xingfushu Private Hospital really did offer a high standard of medical care, but Jiang Xiao's condition wasn't curable. The reason he chose it, aside from the hope of surviving a little longer, was mostly to have a better quality of life during his last days. Another word for it was hospice care.

Before his illness he was always in a hurry. Worry was an indispensable part of his life. In his twenties he relied on his youth. It was common for him to drink and stay up late when talking business. There were various circumstances a while ago, so he sometimes felt sick and didn't have much energy, but he never thought much about it.

Dr. Liu, who was in charge of him, gently gave him some precautions in a soft voice. Lastly, she said that if he had any visitors, he should notify the hospital in advance so they could arrange for transportation.

"There won't be any visitors," Jiang Xiao said with a smile. "I met all my friends before I came. During the time I have left, I want to be by myself. If anyone asks about me, just say I'm not here."

When he smiled politely he revealed a pair of small tiger teeth. Because he'd lost some weight, the wrinkles at the corners of his eyes weren't obvious, and his pale face also looked much younger.

Jiang Xiao had the kind of appearance that made people feel happy inside. Even as he spoke, one could tell his temper and mentality were very good. This kind of person shouldn't be so lonely in his final days.

Dr. Liu automatically expressed her understanding, but at his age, he should have had a family. Even if you didn't count friends, shouldn't his wife or children come to see him?

But she'd seen too many people and situations. She made some guesses in her heart and didn't say anything.

All the patients in this hospital were rich, and rich people always had their own sufferings they'd rather not discuss.

Xingfushu really was a good hospital. Although they couldn't save his life, they did their best to reduce Jiang Xiao's suffering. He was finally able to relax for once, and he leisurely watched twenty episodes of a drama in his hospital room. Unfortunately the hospital didn't supply potato chips and crawfish, otherwise Jiang Xiao would have been even more content.

The bed in the room was so soft that he fell asleep to the sound of the TV.

Jiang Xiao was used to sleeping alone and not recognizing the bed. He had a long dream that night, thinking of something that happened a while ago.