Chapter 17- Battlezone On Fire

**KARINA’S POV**

It was almost the time for battle, practice was over, and all of us were stretching for our battle. I looked around and saw more than half the kids in our team wearing Armors and their weapons ready. James was standing beside me with his two daggers in his hand and he was not wearing Armor.

“You don’t want to wear the Armor?” I asked.

“Nah, I feel more comfortable without any armor clinging on me. What about you?” He asked.

“Same.” I said.

“Oh wait. You know… how to fight? I mean in the battle… and that is usually when you are from… Where are you from?” James asked.

“Oh uhm—” I was about to think of some excuse to divert the topic but someone interrupted me, it was Will.

“Hey Karina. I remember you! Weren’t you friends with the Ch—” As soon as I realised that he was about say the Chosen Five, my eyes widened and I grabbed his arm tightly.

“Yeah right. I was friend with… Ch… Charles, yeah! Should we talk somewhere else please?” I asked glaring at the boy and without even waiting for his reply and I pulled him to the side leaving James frowning.

I took Will to a corner which was far away from James and I asked.

“You can speak about The Chosen Five?” I asked, whispering.

“Ofcourse I can. And aren’t you the same Karina?” He asked.

“Yup I am. And… you can speak it in front of James?” I asked.

“What kind of question is this? Ofcourse I can. Many friends of mine know about our world. But why did you stop me from saying the Chosen Five?” Will asked.

“Well… I don’t want him to know that I am from the Magical World.” I replied.

“Why though?” He asked.

“I have my reason. Anyways, I need you to do a favour. Can you do it?” I asked.

“Well…. I’ll see.” He said.

“If you say no then I am going to take out your eyeballs so that you don’t even ‘see’. Whatever so… I want you to tell James about our world.” I said.

“What? Why do you need me to tell him about it? You also have a mouth you see.” He said.

“Ofcourse I have a mouth but unfortunately I can’t tell him about my world.” I said.

“Why?” He asked.

“Hades seems to have some personal problem with me. You don’t have to worry about it. You’ll do it?” I asked.

“Well… I am not going to gain anything by doing this favour for you. Why should I do it?” He asked.

“The thing you’ll gain is you won’t lose your eyeballs.” I replied.

“As if I care.” He said and turned. I rolled my eyes and grabbed his hand and pulled him so that he faces me again.

“Why are you so difficult! I am just asking you to give him a small damn information about our world! What’s so difficult in it?” I asked.

“The thing is… that I don’t want to do it just to help you. I need to have some gain too, you know.” Will spoke.