Chapter 38- Closer

Chapter - 38

IDK RN

**CHARLOTTE'S POV**

Yeah, the best way to ruin my mood.

Thomas and Ira.

Don't get me wrong, I am one of those quiet-crush-girls but ofcourse, I also get jealous. Oh, you don't know what happened? Lemme tell you...

"Ira!" Thomas shouted which made me turn and look at them.

Ira had lost her balance and fell down because of losing her energy. As she didn't have any hoverboard to save her, Thomas flew towards her and grabbed her by her waist and pulled her towards him and soon both of them were on the same hoverboard, standing VERY CLOSE to each other with Ira unconscious in his arms.

One part of my mind was burning of jealousy while the other one rubbed salt on my wound by saying, 'you don't have a right to be jealous. He is just your crush, you don't own him. You won't be able to do anything even if ends up loving someone else.

"You do have the right to be jealous." Aeji's voice said in my head.

"Eh?" I asked.

"You can be jealous of anyone you want, as long as you don't take wrong actions because of your jealousy." She said.

"He won't ever be mine, would he?" I sighed.

"You never know, Charlotte." She spoke.

"Ha! Even if I confess, then he won't choose me. Afterall, I am a mere toy for him whom he likes to trouble." I said.

"Don't underestimate yourself, Charlotte. You are beautiful, you are smart, you are everything one can wish for." She said.

"You are saying that just to comfort me, huh? I am not his ideal type, I know." I spoke.

"Not everyone's lover is supposed to be his ideal type. You might end up loving a person who isn't your ideal type at all. You never know." She said.

"Aeji, either you actually know something about your future, or you are just saying this to comfort me. Either way, I don't want to keep high expectations just to let them come crashing down." I sighed and looked up.

"Charlotte? Are you talking to Aeji?" Lisa asked, shaking my shoulder.

"Uh? Ah, yes I was. Sorry..." I said.

"No no, it's okay. Are you done?" She asked.

"Do it fast, my arms are aching." Thomas said as he struggled to hold Ira in his arms. Although, he was struggling, I could see a different spark on his face. A spark that reflected the feeling that might be, what we call, love. My heart sank, I knew that I had zero chance with Thomas but still, every time I saw him with a girl, like that, my heart ached. I was still trying to get over my crush on him but even his smallest actions made me fall for him even more.

People are right, love is like a quick sand. The more you try to get out, the more you get stuck in. So... I guess, I should just stay still and wait and see whether I get totally immersed in the sand or I get out of it.

"Uh, yeah, I'm done. Just give me a second." I spoke.

I turned to the Sun (I would have burnt if I wouldn't have created a shield around me in time) and looked at the control panel I discovered. I did some clicks here and there, then some my own tricks to fasten the process of changing the place back to normal.

"Done!" I exclaimed and as soon as I did, the machine, AKA our Sun whirred and began shaking. Don't know why but it began heating up too much and began getting bigger in size.