Chapter 28- Not-so-Blank Space

**CHARLOTE’S POV**

“Slow down Charlotte!” Thomas shrieked. Why? Oh well… You see I was giving them a free rollercoaster ride as I lifted them up and flew up in the air. As soon as I began flying, I felt as if my arm was about to fall off. Why in the worlds did they have to be SO heavy?! I wonder how was I managing to pull all of them up like this, certainly their weight in total must have been way over 100 Kg. I shot right up in the sky, out of the hole and speeding up towards the clouds. And that was exactly when I realised that we were way above the roof of the room. I looked down and willed myself to go down but I don’t know why, I wasn’t able to go down, instead I was speeding up in the sky with great speed.

“Where are you going? We are way up high in the sky!” Lisa asked.

“I guess we got some problem guys.” I replied.

“Oh Gods, what is it?” Ira asked.

“Uhmm… seems like I am not able to slow down or will myself to go down anymore….” I trailed off.

“WHAT? At this rate we will soon be in the orbit of the Earth!” Aiden exclaimed.

“We can’t do anything else except hanging on tight to each other for dear lives.” Adrien spoke.

“Truer words have never been spoken.” I said.

I was trying so hard to make myself go down or atleast slow down but nothing happened. I tried concentrating harder but still nothing happened. I tried to dive down, totally risking mine and the others’ lives but it didn’t work. I tried singing ‘Fever’ so that I could focus more on my wrong pronunciation of Korean words instead of focusing on my upcoming death, but it didn’t work. I had already pictured the trailer for our death’s biography ‘DEATH: THE CLOSEST FRIEND OF OURS’ when my hair stopped flowing all around my face and then I stopped. Yes people, you heard it right. I stopped in midair and well you know what will happen next. I just got a second to glance at my teammates before I fell from… which sphere was it? Troposphere? Stratosphere? Whatever it was, it guaranteed us that our fall would be 2X speed of our rise. And that isn’t a good thing. Wind ruffled around my face as I did somersaults in the air as I fell, sometimes twisting Thomas’s hands while I was at it (man, he shrieked as if I broke his bones-). I swear, if I did these stunts which I did right now in my diving competition 8 years ago then I bet I would have won the competition without a problem.

Anyways, we were speeding towards the ground at a great speed, my eyes were close because ofcourse I was afraid of crashing into the roof below us. I waited and waited but nothing happened. It doesn’t take so much time for us to fall, does it? Suddenly, I felt as if all the mass from my body was taken away and I began floating in midair, just the way you feel when you are in a swimming pool, sitting at the bottom (I used to love sitting there for a while, and no I didn’t die because I can hold my breath for long) but the problem was… I couldn’t feel any water around us.

“What’s happening?” Grace asked. I slowly opened my eyes to find myself floating in space. Yes, space. It was all dark around us except that there a huge, bright Earth rotating in front of us. Behind us, stood the moon many kilometers away as well as Mr. Sun shining brightly far in front of us.

“W-where are we?” I asked.

“It looks like space… but it can’t be. We fell down, then how can we end up in space?” Thomas asked as he floated past me. I realised that all of us were floating away from each other due to zero gravity.