Chapter 31- Burns

**AIDEN’S POV**

Where was I? Sorry, I my brain messes up with me when I am trying to teleport and makes me forget about where was I, who was I, what was I, why was I and stuff like that.

Oh right—I was trying to get past Keres’s spell-bound artificial space. Honestly, why does that cockroach have to be SO strong? I mean it took every ounce of my energy to finally transport myself back to the Realm. I landed on the floor in the room where we changed our clothes to fancy ones. I looked around to remember where we left our weapons and finally remembered that we left them in the little telephone-booth type room where we got our clothes changed. I made my way towards it.

I stepped inside the light blue room and spotted our weapons at one side. Ira’s crossbow, Charlotte’s gloves, Grace’s gun, Thomas’s spear, Lisa’s little dagger, mine and Adrien’s swords were piled up on each other. I sighed in relief that I didn’t have to do much of searching and picked them up. Oh God, I should have brought someone with me, these are HEAVY. Anyways, I grabbed the swords and dagger in one hand with the gloves, the crossbow and the gun in the other hand and the spear pressed between my right arm and my chest. I edged my way towards the door and tried to push it open with my hand but maybe my hand was too busy carrying the weapons that it didn’t have the power left to push open the door. I turned my back towards the door and tried pushing it open by my butt. My dear butt got hit badly but the door didn’t even budge. I frowned.

“What the hell did I do wrong that it got locked? Damn—what do I do now?” I asked myself.

“Oh right, I can teleport myself back from here only.” I replied to myself.

I backed away in the middle of the room and closed my eyes, trying to focus on getting myself back in one piece. Wind began blowing past my face, that was a cue that I was getting teleported. But to my surprise, the wind stopped blowing and immense pain erupted in my hands. They went numb and I dropped the weapons on the floor, my knees went all wiggly wobbly that I fell on the floor as well. I began breathing heavily and I slowly opened my eyes… Why was I still in the room?

My vision began blurring slightly, the pain in my hand didn’t subside which made me glance at them. What I saw, horrified me… I lifted my hands, trembling badly and noticed that my hands were now had black-red scars on them as if someone threw them in fire.

“What’s happening… AHHH!” I shouted as pain erupted in my head and legs altogether. I kept my hand on my head and felt the rough texture of a burn. Soon I could feel many such patches appearing on my face and legs. Every part of my body began aching badly and I felt like I am burning from inside, as if someone was burning me. My vision began swarming…

“Wh-what’s happening t-to me?” I asked myself. My eyes fell on the weapons and tried picking them up but I failed. My hands laid on some of them, I began breathing even more heavily. I was having difficulty in breathing but still teleporting the weapons was much more important. I closed my eyes, trying to focus again but a voice interrupted.

“Aiden! Ahhh! I feel like.. burning!” Shouted Areum in my head.

“M-me t-too…” I spoke.

“Ouch! Someone’s… someone’s pulling me! Aiden, I don’t know what’s happening but someone’s pulling me as if I am getting sucked into a blackhole! Ah… Teleport yourself quickly, if I get out of your body then you’ll lose your powers! OW! FAST!” Areum shouted. I nodded aggressively and tried to spread my hand on the weapons, trying to gather them all.