Chapter 41- Eerie Aura

**THOMAS’S POV**

Hey there stalker! I’ll talk to you later as I am busy talking to Ms. Charlotte. Oh and also, I am trying really hard to stop my heart from having a marathon. Why? I really don’t understand why it suddenly started racing.

Stop, you idiot! This is not the time to have a marathon!, I told my heart but did it listen? Well, ofcourse not.

My hand which was on her neck was now sweating, and so was my whole body. Charlotte was so close to me, right now, I mean hardly a centimeter away from my own face, not to mention she was on me (just imagine how much weight I am enduring). The expression on her face was a mixed one of angry, confused and an expression I couldn’t really make out… it was more tender, it was the look she carried in her eyes most of the time whenever she looked at me. I didn’t know what was that expression called, nor did I ever have anyone look at me like that, but whatever it was, it felt good. It made me feel… loved. Although, LOVE must not have been the real expression on her face at the moment.

She looked stunning even at a moment like this, even after having the mixed feelings eating her up from inside. She was now SO close to me that I was almost tempted to…

Throw her off me, ugh her weight was too much! Wait. What were you thinking I was tempted to do? I swear to Gods if you don’t shut up your wild imaginations—

“Whoa whoa whoa, look who two lovebirds are having the time of their lives during a crisis like this.” Aiden’s voice echoed in my ears.

Seriously, the way I jumped in my skin, and threw Charlotte off my body was phenomenal. But I hope she wasn’t hurt, I mean I might have put too much force on her. The last thing I want is another teammate injured. I already had Ira… That reminded me of her. I was breathing heavily and half-dead by Charlotte’s weight but I managed to look sideways where I found Ira lying on my arm, still unconscious. Poor soul, she must have been so tired! Oh my Gods, her face is looking so pretty even after being tired! And don’t even get me started about her beautiful long hair, like how can she be such a good fighter and a gorgeous lady altogether?

“Hmm… Is it going to be Ira?” Vi’s voice echoed in my mind.

“Going to be? Uh, can’t you see that it already IS Ira?” I asked.

“Huh? You’ve already chosen? But as far as I know, you still have that confusion lingering in your heart…” Vi spoke.

“Chosen? Confusion? Heart? What are you talking about? What does ‘chosen’, ‘confusion’ or ‘heart’ have to do with knowing the fact that it is Ira who is lying unconscious beside me?” I asked.

“Oh, you meant THAT, I thought you meant that.” He replied.

That? What do you mean by ‘that’?” I asked.

“Ofcourse the confusion—" I interrupted him.

“CONFUSION, CONFUSION, CONFUSION! STOP IT! YOU AND CHARLOTTE ARE ON ABOUT THIS CONFUSION THING ALL DAY! WOULD ANY OF YOU LIKE TO EXPLAIN WHAT THE HELL YOU MEAN BY ‘CONFUSION’?” I shouted in my mind.

“Well, THAT you’ll find out later on yourself.” He said.

“You won’t tell me? I’ll ask Charlotte again, then.” I spoke and switched my focus to the real world where Charlotte was trying to explain that we two were not lovebirds.

“Hey! We are NOT lovebirds! We are JUST FRIENDS. And we are certainly not having the time of our lives right now! It’s just that I by mistake fell on Thomas and he asked me—” I interrupted Charlotte’s explanation.