Chapter 27- Confusion. Eh?

**THOMAS'S POV**

The Ninja-blade flew towards and slashed the ropes binding me to the pole. And this is how guys, you get to experience the 'Big Drop ride' for free and get the "Ride once, death free" coupon. I was getting killed every second because of the blood that rushed up to my head, the speed of my drop, the height of the pole and the most by that rough metal scraping against my poor back as I slid down the pole. I bet when I was down safely, IF I was down safely, my back would have been badly damaged. Anyways, I closed my eyes so that I won't feel much scared but unfortunately, the feeling of fear didn't go away instead it increased as I realised the ground was nearing in on me.

I clenched my butt ready to fall on the ground butt-faced and I waited and waited for me to crash on the ground but it didn't happen. As much as I was afraid, I somehow totally trusted Charlotte that she won't let me fall. Suddenly, I felt a soft hand on my waist and one on my arms and then there was a small thud. My heart shook but I slowly opened one eye of mine and saw Charlotte's face in front of mine, her hands holding me and her knees apparently hit the ground because my weight was too much for her.

I felt Charlotte's intense stare on me although her knee must have been hurting. She stared right into my face as if I was some delicious delicacy and she wanted to eat me. I also stared right in her eyes, somehow I felt peaceful when I was looking at my reflection in her eyes. I kept on staring and staring... Suddenly, I snapped out of the stare and out of nowhere, I spoke "Crash landing on you."
"What? It's not the time to remind of that fabulously fabulous kdrama." She said as she came back to her senses too.

"Get off me! You are so heavy!" She shouted at me as she dropped me on the ground with a thud.
"Ouch! That hurts!" I shouted as I got up. I am afraid that I might have got a butt-fracture (is that even a thing?).
I looked around and found Adrien and Lisa sharing there oh so very romantic moment with Adrien in Lisa's hands just the way I was in Charlotte's. But ofcourse, the case was different. Their's was love and mine was... well I don't know.

Aiden cleared his throat as both of them snapped out of the stare and separated quickly. Grace gave a hand to Lisa and she stood up. Adrien extended his hand to take help from Grace but he slapped Adrien's hand instead. My eyes then wandered to Mr. Spitman who was still unconscious on the floor.
"Girls, you know that you three can be quite good bullies right? Wanna sign up for the job with me?" I asked and earned three precious glares from the girls.

"What do we do now?" Grace asked.
"Well we get out of here ofcourse." Lisa replied.
"But how? This place is so dark, I can't see even a thing." Charlotte said.
"We will need light. Ira, why don't you take some rest and then try to regain your strength and light just a small fire for us?" Aiden asked.
"Uhm... usually regaining my power takes quite some time but I guess lighting a fire won't be a problem." Ira replied.

She walked up to one of the poles and sat there with her back against the pole. She closed her eyes and took rest. We then looked at each other, thinking of what we should do in the meantime.
"But guys... what do we do about that chit in that safe? We lost it." Grace spoke.
"Uh... do you mean this?" Lisa asked, taking out a little piece of a paper. Our eyes widened and Charlotte gave a hug to her.

"I grabbed it before Spitman could bring us here, thought it might be useful." Lisa spoke.
"Oh you are great, Lisa! We won't have to waste time and go back there to get it." Adrien ruffled Lisa's hair in a friendly manner and she blushed.

“Let’s read it.” I said and Charlotte opened the chit and read.

“Follow your second coward self. Keep walking until the sun is about to set. The place will appear before you when you have the key during sunset.